Sehwag and Gambhir - out of touch?

Sachinism

They've done nothing in this competition. Gambhir may have played the odd innings, but that too at a slow pace, which most players could have done. Neither of them seem to have any timing at all. Watching Sehwag bat today was making me cringe

Guest gaurav_indian
The worrying thing is that these two are so vital to India's batting' date=' they always provide a solid platform from which others can tee off. But if they don't deliver in the T20 WC, it could be a big problem for the team[/quote'] Tension mat le bhai.Yeh dono England mein score karenge.I am worried about our bowling.:nervous:

I wouldnt read too much into this ... they will come good by the time India play their next match again. Alot of the high profile Indian players have had mediocre tournaments at best ... Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar, Ishant, Harbhajan. I think its just fatigue from back to back matches, with very little rest ... hopefully theyll kick into gear by the time the T20 world cup comes around.

Gambhir will improve as I do not see him playing too many rash shots still But I am worried about Veeru because he has been gifting away his wicket even when DD are in comfortable positions.. he is not learning from his mistakes as I have been saying for almost the past one month ... hope that he learns from his mistakes and bits a more sensibly according to the need of the hour

thats the difference between Sehwag Gambhir and R.Sharma.... Sehwag, Gambhir make runs playing for India while R.Sharma needs Dhakaan Charger shirt to even hold a bat... And all you Sehwag haters, he was reason we made to Finals last time... Sehwag is the BIGGEST matchwinner EVER for India!!! Mark my words, he will win us the T20 and World Cup 2011

thats the difference between Sehwag Gambhir and R.Sharma.... Sehwag, Gambhir make runs playing for India while R.Sharma needs Dhakaan Charger shirt to even hold a bat... And all you Sehwag haters, he was reason we made to Finals last time... Sehwag is the BIGGEST matchwinner EVER for India!!! Mark my words, he will win us the T20 and World Cup 2011
I wish he could. Looking at the current woeful run of our openers this looks a little worrying. Guess who has been bailing out DD every time? ABD, Dilshan and dinesh Kartik. Shewag gets a life off a no ball but still manages to throw away his wicket effortlessly.

Sehwag on his return had a slightly different approach. He was presenting dead straight bat for balls that cut back. He played better percentage cricket. But he went back to his old style which was the reason for his inconsistency in NZ. Slashing, throwing bat at everything . He doesn't have to go after every ball. Even with his test match approach he can score quicker than lot of players.