Statistical chances of qualifying for the semis (Updated after BRC beat DD)

varun

Ok did some math on how RR could surmount CSK in the NRR. Basically it is insurmountable. Case in point KXIP makes 200 in 20 overs. CSK makes 50 in 20 overs RR makes 200 in 20 overs. KKR makes 50 in 20 overs CSK still goes through
Safe to say, CSK is through, Thanx Varun :nice:

I dont understand why people are calculating NRR for CSK CSK have 15 points, not 16! So if they lose and Kings XI Punjab, BR and Deccan win all theri matches, they will all end up at 16 above CSK and net RR wont matter!

I dont understand why people are calculating NRR for CSK CSK have 15 points, not 16! So if they lose and Kings XI Punjab, BR and Deccan win all theri matches, they will all end up at 16 above CSK and net RR wont matter!
Not true ! BR and Deccan have one match against each other. So only one of them will end up with 16 points.

Ok did some math on how RR could surmount CSK in the NRR. Basically it is insurmountable. ..... CSK still goes through
That may be so. The bigger thing is "What are they going to do in the semis"? They need to lift their performance up by several times to make it a competitive fight from now on.

Guest gaurav_indian
That may be so. The bigger thing is "What are they going to do in the semis"? They need to lift their performance up by several times to make it a competitive fight from now on.
Simple they are going to lose it.They will drop catches.And dhoni will say it again.That was the worst bowling i have ever seen in my entire life but thank god they didnt do it in finals warna insult ho jaati.:giggle:

easy...... they just lost one high scoring match which they shouldn't have. You dont need to get all worked up. They will pull up their socks and work. U do need to remember that have scored victories over all other teams except KKR in this tournament :D Funny ain't it? :haha::haha:

My statistical analysis taking the following probabilities:(just to make it different from that of the topic starter , and more realistic) Odds for Bangalore vs Delhi = Bangalore victory- 0.33 , Delhi - 0.67 Odds for Kolkata vs Rajasthan = Kolkata 0.45 , rajasthan 0.55 Odds for Punjab vs Chennai = Punjab 0.45 , Chennai 0.55 Odds for Bangalore vs Deccan = bangalore 0.4 , Deccan 0.6 Delhi vs Mumbai (Doesnt matter = inconsequential = shyte) Delhi 100% Chennai 99.99% Deccan 81% Punjab 67% Rajasthan 30% Bangalore 22% Mumbai 0% KKR 0%

Why is Chennai certain IF RR wins good margin and KXIP wins good margin, the net RR will change and if RR has got it higher than CSK and with same points Delhi,RR,KXIP, and DC goes if they win BC
Because RR needs to win by 460+ runs to go ahead of CSK in NRR Or ofcourse RR can win by 230 runs and CSK lose by 230 runs. Do you see that happening?

Because RR needs to win by 460+ runs to go ahead of CSK in NRR Or ofcourse RR can win by 230 runs and CSK lose by 230 runs. Do you see that happening?
but RR can qualify if DC lose to RCB ,no?

Since when do u care what happens in IPL? :rolleyes: You were just gonna "evaluate" the players and give them chances rite?

but RR can qualify if DC lose to RCB ' date='no?[/quote'] If either Punjab or DC lose and RR win, it will go thro'. But so will CSK. The only situation that CSK will be knocked out is if Punjab,DC and RR win and that RR win by 460 runs. So CSK is 99.99 % in the semifinal.

I think RR fancies more chance because, for them to make it after winning against KKR (more likely), Chenaii should beat KXIP. DC/BRC match doesn't matter. Chennail beating KXIP is also more likely. So, their chances of making it to semis is more than KXIP/DC or BRC.

my ideal scenario- CSK takes out Punjab. RR loses to KKR(they barely beat them last time-it went to a super over) this will set up the BRC vs DC match perfectly.Even if BRC lose to DC they can still make the semis provided they maintain a higher NRR than Punjab. CSK ,DC and BRC make it to the semis:two_thumbs_up: