Guess Who is the most successful wicket keeper in IPL-2?

Rajan

it is not Gilchrist Dhoni Sangakara Boucher it is Dinesh Karthik! The guy has been keeping exceptionally well and in the last half a dozen matches has helped the team in crunch situations.Hats off to Dinesh Karthik , the much maligned Chennai cricketer.Hope some Delhi Fans have some decency to acknowledge his contribution. He has accomplished much more for Delhi this season than what the Delhites Gambhir and Sehwag have done for DD! Those who go to town and shout from rooftops when Dinesh Karthik fails are now forced to eat humble pie by DK's performances repeatedly under pressure time and again.

well he has been really successful with the bat' date=' but i am not so sure about his keeping abilities..anyway yes he has been a revelation this IPL..good for him[/quote'] he was superb today. 2 quick silver stumpings and a good running catch.when u see so many keepers goofing stumpings, Dinesh Karthik has been extremely good in keeping in this season for DD.

I think on a comparative level all keepers suck in one way or the other. Karthik is the 2nd best option. No question about that. He takes some diving catches. But he makes a mess of simple things. Having said that he is far better than he was in Srilanka

None to beat Dhoni. He was so cool catching Ross Taylor running backwards in the last game against BRC. Not once have I seen him let go a ball keeping to Murali. Dhoni definitely is "The best" keeper by far. He may look unconvincing and unorthodox but he is a better keeper than batsman IMP.

Dinesh Karthik has been exceptional.. I at least admire for the match a few days ago when all top players including De Villiers, Dilshan, Gauti and Veeru were struggling to even score singles and Dinesh Karthik came to the centre and started hitting sixes .. he is very high on form and hopefully he gets something better.. however his chances of making in the Indian squad are bleak as Rohit Sharma seems to have guaranteed his place in Indian t20 and ODI team with his IPL performance

I commend him for his work here in the IPL with the bat. I haven't watched enough of his keeping to make a judgment. BUT - I don't think he should be anywhere near the Indian ODI or Test squads anytime soon as a backup wicket keeper. He's been given several chances in the very recent past, and has failed in almost all of them as a keeper.

I commend him for his work here in the IPL with the bat. I haven't watched enough of his keeping to make a judgment. BUT - I don't think he should be anywhere near the Indian ODI or Test squads anytime soon as a backup wicket keeper. He's been given several chances in the very recent past' date= and has failed in almost all of them as a keeper.
As a backup wicket keeper he can be included but only if there is 20 member squad etc. .. he does not deserve place in final 15 for sure .. but he has been great in form recently but dont know whether he can continue his form for long

His keeping has been no where good.. It's just that dhoni and all have sucked in keeping so that doesn't mean Karthik would get praise for his keeping as he stands out may be. Thats like "Andho mein kaana raja" Though I agree his batting has been just fantastic.. No way his keeping has been good consistently.

KKD has been really good with the bat this time. But he was horrible whenever he was in the international arena. But Dhoni has almost invented a new method of casual runouts. In the last 2 games, Dhoni would be non-nonchalant till the moment he gets the ball, making the batsman think that he will be easily home. It worked once and almost worked the last game. Imagine tricking the batsman to get the wicket. KKD may have been good but Dhoni is a step above even when he misses easy stumping chances.

KKD has been really good with the bat this time. But he was horrible whenever he was in the international arena. But Dhoni has almost invented a new method of casual runouts. In the last 2 games, Dhoni would be non-nonchalant till the moment he gets the ball, making the batsman think that he will be easily home. It worked once and almost worked the last game. Imagine tricking the batsman to get the wicket. KKD may have been good but Dhoni is a step above even when he misses easy stumping chances.
FYI Dhoni missed an easy stumping last match when batsman was way out of the crease. Dhoni is not extraordinary. He is better than the rest. That's about it. Karthik when he started as a pure keeper he was doing well. But once he converted himself into an opener he gave up his keeping. That scratchiness can still be there. But he is more agile. Just that he is too fidgety. too restless. I think over a period he will get better Here is his stumping in Karthik's debut. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0UUpbt4PGs]YouTube - Agile stumping by dinesh karthik[/ame]