Thanks Dhoni for gifting BRC the win

King

I was bloody scared Raina was going to come in at 3 but when CSK got off to a great start and when Hayden fell I was extremely happy knowing Dhoni was going to walk in at no.3. As usual he prodded around for too long, slowed the run rate down and got out when it was required of him to score some quick runs. I'm not complaining as BRC fan, I'm quite happy. Thanks Dhoni for that and please don't bat before no.5 in the Twenty20 WC. :two_thumbs_up:

LOL.. no one talks anythign abt Dhoni here... its all others mistakes... captail cool never makes mistakes and is untouchable.. people might get p!ssed.. 1.he killed the momentum playing tuk tuk in a T20 match.. he was there for more than 7 overs n dint hit one boundary.. 2.kept selecting tht useless Oram... who once again playing p!ss poor.. the score is atleast 20 runs less..and he deserves this loss.. hope he doesnt fkup in T20..cuz thts bigger than this IPL...

Dhoni toh bhaiya kya classic legend hai.. Bhaisaab ne aaj jo game ki saas-bahu kari, bas kya kahu.. Sindhi Shayars would have been just left saying "Wah wah Janab, Wah Wah" Shabash Dhoni. India jaa aur ab Jharkhand mein thoda araam ka aur fir HIndustan ko wapas World Cup Jit ke Dila..

LOL.. no one talks anythign abt Dhoni here... its all others mistakes... captail cool never makes mistakes and is untouchable.. people might get p!ssed.. 1.he killed the momentum playing tuk tuk in a T20 match.. he was there for more than 7 overs n dint hit one boundary.. 2.kept selecting tht useless Oram... who once again playing p!ss poor.. the score is atleast 20 runs less..and he deserves this loss.. hope he doesnt fkup in T20..cuz thts bigger than this IPL...
Oram was a waste for NZ-in-NZ, so even they omitted him after a while! and M$D should come 5 or lower in WCup. No more of these mess-ups pls!

He has lost his mojo. Occasionally he plays a good innings. He pretty much did the same in Srilanka. Pathan brothers had to rescue.. It is difficult to fit him in this line up. He is slowing things down unnnecessarily.
exactly. tuk-tuk in ODIs can be compensated by other batsmen. But if he stays for quite a bit of the innings, and pokes around in T20, it can leave the team many runs short like today - other batsmen cannot always compensate. What happened to the hard hitting batsman that he once was? He's a poor shadow of that batsman now.

Whtever Dhoni did was right .. It was better to get score of 160 playing decent cricket rather then playing boom boom and gettng 130 odd ... RCB bowled decently in last 3 overs and tht made the difference and CSK got score of 145 ... CSK were going smooth till 16th-17th over ... But these things happens ... Dhoni is a guy who has taken this bunch of useless local cricketers and made it through the semis ... Apart from Dhoni and Raina there is no decent local players in CSK ... Their fielding less said the better ... So hats off to Dhoni for utilizing the given resources at his disposal and made the best use of them .. Mind u match was evenly poised till Raina's over ... So its pathetic to say tht Dhoni gifted them win etc ... If someone says this then I guess his cricketing knowledge is very thin .. Just try to think beyond 6s and 4s .. Its called tactics ...

exactly. tuk-tuk in ODIs can be compensated by other batsmen. But if he stays for quite a bit of the innings, and pokes around in T20, it can leave the team many runs short like today - other batsmen cannot always compensate. What happened to the hard hitting batsman that he once was? He's a poor shadow of that batsman now.
You're a piece of work - you know that? You ****ing spam the whole board when he "failed" in Australia in the test matches because he was a flat-track-bully and his hard-hitting style doesn't fit test matches, etc. Now that he's changed his style and has become India's MVP in LOI formats, you're *****ing about not being able to hit. Shabash. Re: this innings - yeah, that was a strange one. The only time he tried to hit out and he got out. I don't think he's in too good of a form right now, and it was certainly strange that he promoted himself instead of keeping Raina at #3.

You're a piece of work - you know that? You ****ing spam the whole board when he "failed" in Australia in the test matches because he was a flat-track-bully and his hard-hitting style doesn't fit test matches, etc. Now that he's changed his style and has become India's MVP in LOI formats, you're *****ing about not being able to hit. Shabash. Re: this innings - yeah, that was a strange one. The only time he tried to hit out and he got out. I don't think he's in too good of a form right now, and it was certainly strange that he promoted himself instead of keeping Raina at #3.
he's still a FTB. The ask was only to change his style in Tests, not ODIs. And as an intelligent cricketer he should be able to change gears accordingly, especially in T20. 28 off 30 is not acceptable in a T20 semifinal unless your in dire straits.

I personally don't think he's an FTB. But nevertheless, his change of style in ODIs is also something the team has gained from. And I'd like to think that he's still capable of pulling off fast knocks but he'll definitely not do anything like the 183* just because I don't think he can. He's a different type of cricketer now.

I was expecting Raina to come at 3.. He would hav had Parthiv at the other end, and hence accelerated freely.. After Parthiv got out, there were 2 new batsmen at the crease. Either Dhoni shud hav switched gears or let Raina come at 3 to do what he has done throughout the IPL. Neither did happen, hence we lost. Needlest to say abt the team selection:wall:

Good to see this thread being created by somebody well respected in this forum.
Exactly
You're a piece of work - you know that? You ****ing spam the whole board when he "failed" in Australia in the test matches because he was a flat-track-bully and his hard-hitting style doesn't fit test matches, etc. Now that he's changed his style and has become India's MVP in LOI formats, you're *****ing about not being able to hit. Shabash.
The above is a stupid, mindless rant and nothing more than an apologist post for M$D (expectedly of course given the prior attempts at defending anything and everything kaptaan kewl does) Who the hell is talking abt Test match here? or even ODI for that matter I already said that for ODIs tuk-tuk may be alright (to some extent), since other batsmen can bat around that. But this is idiotic batting in T20, and esp when promoted himself to #3 position. And if by "attempting to become a better Test or odi player", he has lost the acceleration ability, then he has NO business batting at #3 in T20 after a very good start by Hayden and PaPa.

And before the all knowing person comes and labels some of us (and esp me) as a "Dhoni hater", save the trouble. I dont have any reason to hate him. At the same time, I dont have to be over the moon despite stupid decisions made by him. When he does well, he has gotten accolades including from me. When he screws up, brickbats ought to fly, and rightfully so. In IPL2 - he has made poor choices more than he should have.