Bangles

I am backing India and Ireland to knock Bangladesh out of this tournament and advance to next round. That should be fun. Come on Ireland..
Yup. Ireland deserves test status more than Bangladesh who have been sucking for a decade. One of the reason why Test cricket standard has down so bad. They alongwith West Indies should be demoted. I am rooting for Ireland to beat Bangla. They are capable. Just give them a seamers wicket.
Yup. Ireland deserves test status more than Bangladesh who have been sucking for a decade. One of the reason why Test cricket standard has down so bad. They alongwith West Indies should be demoted. I am rooting for Ireland to beat Bangla. They are capable. Just give them a seamers wicket.
I dont agree about WI.. Zimbabwe are a lot worse than both West Indies and Bangladesh and they have been sucking for almost three decades now.. Bangladesh should be given a couple of years and if they cannot prove themsleves they should be demoted .. but Zimbabwe should be demoted right now
Faster? Don't go by English speed guns. It showed Rao bowling at 142 k. This guy is another trundler like other trundlers from Bangla.
from this logic, we can't go by aussie guns either since ishant has never come close to clocking 152 again. whats the fastest he's gotten outside that aussie tour? 147 or so? and for the record, i do think the english guns have been juiced up...but that also means that aussie gun was reading thingss a bit too quick as well. we'll see on saturday what rubel's real pace is vis a vis ishant. i don't think he'll be any slower, even if he's not any quicker.
I dont agree about WI.. Zimbabwe are a lot worse than both West Indies and Bangladesh and they have been sucking for almost three decades now.. Bangladesh should be given a couple of years and if they cannot prove themsleves they should be demoted .. but Zimbabwe should be demoted right now
Is Zimbabwe still a test nation? I am mad at Wi because of their irresponsible attitude towards Test cricket.Bangladesh has been losing for 10 years. They win an occasional ODi by fluke.. Then they come up with a statement "We proved the world wrong". Their goal is not to win Test matches , Test series. Having said that they cannot possibly suck in T20 because even scotland, netherlands do well in T20 reasonably. They can even pull off odd wins in T20. Even there they have lost 7 out of 8. May be we should introduce T5 cricket exclusively for Bangldesh.
from this logic, we can't go by aussie guns either since ishant has never come close to clocking 152 again. whats the fastest he's gotten outside that aussie tour? 147 or so? and for the record, i do think the english guns have been juiced up...but that also means that aussie gun was reading thingss a bit too quick as well. we'll see on saturday what rubel's real pace is vis a vis ishant. i don't think he'll be any slower, even if he's not any quicker.
There's no problem in saying he's faster than Ishant. I personally couldn't care less - as long as Ishant still gets wickets and is not at low 130s instead of at where he is right now. The only thing though is that should Rubel show a lot of pace, one ought not attribute it to his height, I think. Height gives you bounce, not pace, afaik.
Faster? Don't go by English speed guns. It showed Rao bowling at 142 k. This guy is another trundler like other trundlers from Bangla.
Yup in the same ground which clocked Dale Steyn at a highest of 140 kph...so he must be a trundler as well. Rubel got similar speeds two days in a row. I can understand your pain...a country of 1 billion people and it took you 60 years to produce a 90 mph bowler and here comes a lad from nowhere and starts clocking 92 mph for a country which has been playing Test cricket for 8 years...its ok I understand.
Is Zimbabwe still a test nation? I am mad at Wi because of their irresponsible attitude towards Test cricket.Bangladesh has been losing for 10 years. They win an occasional ODi by fluke.. Then they come up with a statement "We proved the world wrong". Their goal is not to win Test matches ' date=' Test series. Having said that they cannot possibly suck in T20 because even scotland, netherlands do well in T20 reasonably. They can even pull off odd wins in T20. Even there they have lost 7 out of 8. [b']May be we should introduce T5 cricket exclusively for Bangldesh.
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/300428.html - look at the # of overs NZ took to finish that off. Doesn't matter what format it is. You need to play good cricket to win. They lack that consistency to play good cricket, and lack players who are committed to giving it their best. Shakib Al Hasan is one of the rare breeds - the rest of the team would do well to learn from him.
Did you see how Gilly was struggling to pick his pace in IPL. or how Punter was struggling for 2 hours against him. Rubel is a nobody. Probably a big hit in Bangladesh. At the international level he is a nobody.
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/300428.html - look at the # of overs NZ took to finish that off. Doesn't matter what format it is. You need to play good cricket to win. They lack that consistency to play good cricket, and lack players who are committed to giving it their best. Shakib Al Hasan is one of the rare breeds - the rest of the team would do well to learn from him.
Thanks for the scorecard :haha:. How did i miss this match. Must be a sound thrashing.
Is Zimbabwe still a test nation? I am mad at Wi because of their irresponsible attitude towards Test cricket.Bangladesh has been losing for 10 years. They win an occasional ODi by fluke.. Then they come up with a statement "We proved the world wrong". Their goal is not to win Test matches ' date=' Test series. Having said that they cannot possibly suck in T20 because even scotland, netherlands do well in T20 reasonably. They can even pull off odd wins in T20. Even there they have lost 7 out of 8. May be we should introduce T5 cricket exclusively for Bangldesh.[/quote'] ok, I just researched it and found that Zimbabwe has left test cricket themselves as their team has dismantled.. never heard of them recently .. BTW are they playing in this T20 WC I agree about test status for Bangladesh to some extent but removing West Indies from test cricket is simply not possible.. WI were once the top test team but they do not have the standard now.. but still they are a good team and you cannot say that they do not deserve a test status.. players like Chanderpaul, Sarwan etc. are brillaint batsmen and they have great bowlers in Fidel Edwards etc. And regarding the attitute towards test cricket, it was Gayle's personal comment and not the views of the team.. but you need to know the reason why Gayle said so... England captain Strauss (who is a pathetic player in shorter format of the game) said that Gayle was an irresponsible person... he criticised Gayle for playing one more match in IPL and said that Gayle would be responsible if T20 takes over test cricket.. so Gayle responded as anyone else would have responded .. why the feck would Strauss criticise and make personal attacks on Gayle .. Gayle responded correctly and said that if test cricket would end then Strauss would need to worry as he sucks in the shorter format of the game .. Gayle was returning one personal attack for another and I do not see anything wrong with that.. anyways the fecking England players can shut their mouth .. they act as if England is superior in cricket to the rest of the world but they need to come on terms with reality where England sucks in cricket
Yup in the same ground which clocked Dale Steyn at a highest of 140 kph...so he must be a trundler as well. Rubel got similar speeds two days in a row. I can understand your pain...a country of 1 billion people and it took you 60 years to produce a 90 mph bowler and here comes a lad from nowhere and starts clocking 92 mph for a country which has been playing Test cricket for 8 years...its ok I understand.
But I will never understand your pain. Winning 1 out of some 50 odd tests, thats a painful feeling no one should have to suffer through.
But I will never understand your pain. Winning 1 out of some 50 odd tests' date=' thats a painful feeling no one should have to suffer through.[/quote'] They beat that poor zimbabwe team. They are yet to win a Test against top teams. Thanks to BCCI they are having a free ride.
Another joker who will go missing after saturday