Sehwag ruled out of T20 WC !!! (((breaking news)))

Texy

No worries. We won the last WC without any significant contribution from Veeru.
Exactly, same thoughts for me too. I think we have enough bench strength in Dinesh kartik, Irfan & Jadeja. I think we are still good enough to turn matches in few overs

What i am worried about is how rohit sharma shall do against the real pace bowlers. Jerome taylor , jamie anderson , dale steyn ..... I remember dale steyn ending his cameo in the IPL while he was looking ominous against all the other bowlers.

What i am worried about is how rohit sharma shall do against the real pace bowlers. Jerome taylor ' date=' jamie anderson , dale steyn ..... I remember dale steyn ending his cameo in the IPL while he was looking ominous against all the other bowlers.[/quote'] Its rare that a bowler sorts him out. Typically Rohit invents ingenious ways to get out when he is looking good.
sorry, this is just nonsense Where is the regional bias here...if there was a selection committee not showing any regional bias, then these are the ones...No player from TN in this squad till now..(not that i want, because none of them except DK deserve it over the the 15 playing in england) What wrong has KKD done...He was terrific in this IPL,also with gloves..agreed he messed up lots of chances earlier...but now...give the credit where its due What other options u have in mind Uthappa - he was total crap recently Manish Pandey - exciting kid, A national berth just based of two innings? Kohli - yes Nayyar - started well, but drifted badly
It's possible I could be reading between lines and wrong this time around but I'm not been convinced with the current selection committee. Three players Balaji, M Vijay and KKD were part of the touring team from the Chairman of selector's zone during the tour to NZ. I heard first hand from some of them concerned many were just picked up because of the Chairman of seletor's bias towards zone. Are you telling me there were no better players than the likes of Balaji, M Vijay, Dhawal Kulkarni and KKD to be sent to NZ? No wonder majority of them didn't play much on the tour. I'm not saying Srikanth is the only guilty selector here. Even in the past the selection at times has been dodgy. I won't say all of them are there because of bias but there has always been a case when one or two players make it to the team thanks to the selector's blessings. Things I have heard about selections and the Zonal influences always makes me wonder when a player that is not going to play much role in a tour/tourney is selected. I have heard far too many stories from horses' mouth about dodgy selections. Even the likes of Ganguly and Tendulkar have had their share of zonal selection debacles. You can look back and see how many dodgy selections there has been over the last decade. Karthik wasn't too bad I agree but the ones that could have competed with him are Virat Kohli, Pandey and Suman. I would probably have gone with Virat Kohli but I do agree KKD isn't a bad choice. Unfortunately he doesn't inspire much though. It could just be me but I don't think he's as effective a Twenty20 player as say Kohli or Pandey (I know Pandey has played only a couple of matches but if he looked way ahead of Karthik I would go with him).
Karthik wasn't too bad I agree but the ones that could have competed with him are Virat Kohli' date=' Pandey and Suman. I would probably have gone with Virat Kohli but I do agree KKD isn't a bad choice. Unfortunately he doesn't inspire much though. It could just be me but I don't think he's as effective a Twenty20 player as say Kohli or Pandey (I know Pandey has played only a couple of matches but if he looked way ahead of Karthik I would go with him). [/quote'] I think KKD's selection makes a lot of sense because Dhoni's fitness is under a cloud given the amount of pressure on the guy. So KKD can be played as a batsman-wicketkeeper and Dhoni purely as a batsman provided the latter finds his form. And that's the reason why he wants to bat at No. 3 against minnows like Bangladesh. Its a perfectly good tactic, because an inform Dhoni who can hit sixes at will would be a great asset to the team, particularly now that Sehwag is gone.
It's possible I could be reading between lines and wrong this time around but I'm not been convinced with the current selection committee. Three players Balaji' date=' M Vijay and KKD were part of the touring team from the Chairman of selector's zone during the tour to NZ. I heard first hand from some of them concerned many were just picked up because of the Chairman of seletor's bias towards zone. Are you telling me there were no better players than the likes of Balaji, M Vijay, Dhawal Kulkarni and KKD to be sent to NZ? No wonder majority of them didn't play much on the tour. I'm not saying Srikanth is the only guilty selector here. Even in the past the selection at times has been dodgy. I won't say all of them are there because of bias but there has always been a case when one or two players make it to the team thanks to the selector's blessings. Things I have heard about selections and the Zonal influences always makes me wonder when a player that is not going to play much role in a tour/tourney is selected. I have heard far too many stories from horses' mouth about dodgy selections. Even the likes of Ganguly and Tendulkar have had their share of zonal selection debacles. You can look back and see how many dodgy selections there has been over the last decade. [/quote'] Well, look at at it this way: KKD - the squad needed a reserve keeper and KKD had probably done more than Parthiv Patel, who does not inspire either by his keeping or batting. KKD's keeping sucks but he has played some valuable test innings over the past two years, even in the difficult position of opener. M. Vijay -- It was between him and Jaffer really, and selecting Vijay reflected a forward thinking policy. Don't forget he did very well as a last minute replacement for Gauti against an Aussie attack comprising of Johnson and Lee. He seems to be have quite a lot of potential, so it was good of the selectors to repose confidence in him. Dhawal Kulkarni - is not from Srikanth's zone so dunno what you are going on about there ... Balaji - a dodgy choice, but then again what options were there with Sreesanth and RP injured? Don't forget that the same selection panel has reposed an enormous amount of trust in Rohit Sharma [ a west zone player], who wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before the IPL. I think now it is rather clear that it was a wise move to stick with Rohit [instead of somebody like Badrinath, who is a TN player and according to to the bias argument, should have been a shoo-in into the side]. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- this is one of the best selection panels India has had. The panel picks players with potential and gives them a fair number of chances before dropping them [example: Jadeja's continued run in the Indian T20 team because he has done well in the limited oppurtunities he has got. Previous selection panels would have been quick to drop him given that he had an indifferent IPL]. This is vital, as frequent chopping and changing can kill a player's confidence and turn a potential match winner into an also-ran.
Dhawal Kulkarni - is not from Srikanth's zone so dunno what you are going on about there ...
There are more than one selector in a panel. There's always a barter that goes on between zones. One of the selector gets his fella from his zone and the other will get one from his. If you thought selectors are "Clean as" then you are very naive and don't quite know how the selectors operate. I don't think there has been a single selection panel from India that hasn't picked one or two players that don't get anywhere. Nothing in terms of selection has improved but just that there are 12-13 players that pick themselves and a couple are just pushed in thanks to the selectors. This has been the case with Indian cricket for a long time but since 2000 or so India has been blessed with 11 or more players that are automatic choices.