No plan to bat at No. 3 throughout the T20 World Cup: Dhoni

Texy

India are batting like 180 will win them every game they play. They know they have the power and temperament to guarantee 180 virtually every time, and shot selections, and batting order reflects that. I think that's a mistake - they need to lift their sights to 200. India will need to score 200 plus once in this tournament if they want to lift the cup.

There was good opportunity to give someone like Yusuf Pathan or Raina a decent bat today but Dhoni as usual put himself up at no.3 I can't understand this logic to be honest. Yusuf Pathan hasn't had a decent bat (he has faced 1 ball), Raina has faced 8 balls in this tourney and when the match was pretty much sealed after the first wicket partnership Dhoni should have given Raina or Yusuf a chance to go out and bat. Dhoni's tactics is baffling.

There was good opportunity to give someone like Yusuf Pathan or Raina a decent bat today but Dhoni as usual put himself up at no.3 I can't understand this logic to be honest. Yusuf Pathan hasn't had a decent bat (he has faced 1 ball)' date=' Raina has faced 8 balls in this tourney and when the match was pretty much sealed after the first wicket partnership Dhoni should have given Raina or Yusuf a chance to go out and bat. Dhoni's tactics is baffling.[/quote'] all of what you say is logical Ravi, but ours is not to question the Leader, ours is just to be a fangirl/fanboy
Dhoni was never a no. 3 batsman and he himself knows it... he was our no. 5 batsman who came just before YKP .. so why has he promoted to no. 3 when he knows that Raina and Yuvi are the perfect no. 3 and no. 4 batsman .. thats the main point.. he does not need to bat at no. 3 as there are permenant batsmen like Raina and Yuvi at 3 and 4 respectively .. he can come at no. 5
I hope you're talking just of the T20 record - because in ODIs, he's a phenomenal player at # 3- with an average 81.90.

I think him coming at number 3 has something to do with raina and balls. I mean short balls. He probably wants to surprise the windies by suddenly sending raina at 3 instead of him :cantstop: Or he doesnt want to send him at 3 due to his discomfort with short balls. Or option 2, it appears they are trying to keep a pace hitter and a spin hitter at the crease. :P gambo - spin sharma - pace dhobi - ? raina - spin yuvi - pace / spin yusuf - spin irfan - pace Dhoni is just trying to find out which category he belongs to. :woot:

No plan to bat at No. 3 throughout the T20 World Cup: Dhoni Indian captain MS Dhoni today made it clear that he has no plans to bat at the number three slot throughout the Twenty20 World Cup and claimed it was part of the team’s experiment with the batting order. More... India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today made it clear that he has no plans to bat at the number three slot throughout the Twenty20 World Cup and claimed it was part of the team’s experiment with the batting order. Even though an in-form Suresh Raina seems the more logical choice for the slot, Dhoni has been coming at one down in the Twenty20 World Cup but with little success. After India’s eight-wicket triumph over Ireland, the Indian captain was asked if he plans to continue occupying the slot for the remainder of the tournament to which Dhoni said,“Not really.” Dhoni said the team was experimenting with the batting order and hence he was coming at number three. “We are trying a few things. I think we have to see what combination we are playing with and decide depending on that,” he said. Dhoni, meanwhile, was relieved with Zaheer Khan’s sterling performance against Ireland as the left-arm seamer grabbed four wickets, besides the Man of the Match award. “It’s really good that he is back in form,” Dhoni said of Zaheer who was nursing a shoulder injury till the other day. “We knew he would take one more game to get back to groove and that’s what we saw today. He was back in the groove, swinging the ball and hitting the right areas,” Dhoni said.