The Mendis Slayer

He hs bowled crap against Pak but too early to wrote him off. Anyone who has had such a wonderful and mesmerizing start to his career has got to be special. Maybe the fae tht he's got is affecting his concentration. But with Sanga as his captain, I will surely back Mendis to bounce back. Having said that, he may find it tough against India and Pak batsmen but will enjoy a lot more success against Aus, SA and English batsmen. Plus the permanent roll out of the review system from october will work to his advantage as well.

everyone cannot have the character of hard work' date=' determination n commitment that Kumble had[/quote'] Of course, nobody can come close to Kumble when it comes to these qualities. I was talking only about skills.
Of course' date=' nobody can come close to Kumble when it comes to these qualities. I was talking only about skills.[/quote'] from your post i thought u were asking why asking why cant Mendis achieve same success as Kumble as he had similar skills.my reply was that Kumble's success was much more than skills

2nd season blues. Almost all youngplayers go through this these days especially if someone has had a great start to his career. Upto the lankan team management to guide him properly, help him handle the fame and still keep producing those magical balls. A failure in a few series wont make him a bad spinner. He has got enough in him to bounce back. Dont write off someone who made our fab 4 look like amateurs in his very debut series.

2nd season blues. Almost all youngplayers go through this these days especially if someone has had a great start to his career. Upto the lankan team management to guide him properly, help him handle the fame and still keep producing those magical balls. A failure in a few series wont make him a bad spinner. He has got enough in him to bounce back. Dont write off someone who made our fab 4 look like amateurs in his very debut series.
Which fab 4? Sachin was never troubled by him. It was the other three.
Which fab 4? Sachin was never troubled by him. It was the other three.
2nd innings of the final test match: Dravid 68, Laxman 61*. You were saying? Even today, the carrom ball to Dravid is his most valued wicket, as per him, and as per the rest of the world. If Sachin wasn't troubled, these guys figured out a way not to get troubled. Please don't write off the other guys so easily.
surprising how Mendis was dropped....but he'll be back. He's too accurate a bowler not to do well. Somehow the Pakis play him well.
rumour has it, that pakistan have their own bowler who bowls similarly to mendis obvs without as much skill, and learnt it from there