Batsman's game ?

goose

Everyone used to say T20 is a batsman's game and yet we've seen recently in the IPL and now in WC09 that the side with the best bowlers will win. It's pretty obvious when you think about it. If a batsman makes a mistake he's gone, finished, with no chance of redemption. Shorten the game to 20 overs and you've well and truly got a lottery where the time for redemption is reduced further. Sooner or later a great batting unit will always come unstuck. In time, all teams will become much of a muchness batting wise as the full range of strokes get perfected by all comers. That leaves the bowlers. You need 10 deliveries to take 10 wickets. The scope for improvement is massive. T20 is a bowlers dream.

Venkatesh Prasad really needs to notch up the training and/or our bowlers need to learn the death bowling art. Our fast bowlers need the ability to deliver yorkers on will.
I think we need a good bowling coach. Venkatash Prasad was never a great bowler, look at his average, maybe Kumble should be the bowling coach, his speed was higher than Venky :cantstop: Bowling Coach option: Vaas when he retires, I would say any Srilankan. They have produced some of the best spinners and fast bowlers. Our batting we don't need to worry about but bowling is a worry.
^ they produced some very good spinners yes. Best fast bowlers?
Malinga, Mathews, Udana and Thushara are all great bowlers. Apart from Malinga others may not have the pace but they are canny. Have you seen how Udana bowled against the Kiwis? It was a joy to watch, even though he didn't have any pace at all he varied his pace, mixing around his slower deliveries, bowling in the right areas, what a clever bowler. I guess what I am trying to say is we need a clever Srilankan coach who can teach our bowlers how to vary the pace and swing the ball as our bowlers can hardly clock 140+ consistently. Anyway it's just an opinion.
Malinga' date= Mathews, Udana and Thushara are all great bowlers. Apart from Malinga others may not have the pace but they are canny. Have you seen how Udana bowled against the Kiwis? It was a joy to watch, even though he didn't have any pace at all he varied his pace, mixing around his slower deliveries, bowling in the right areas, what a clever bowler. I guess what I am trying to say is we need a clever Srilankan coach who can teach our bowlers how to vary the pace and swing the ball as our bowlers can hardly clock 140+ consistently. Anyway it's just an opinion.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ..ok dude, thats it.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ..ok dude' date=' thats it.[/quote'] :eyedance: are you high dude? Was Just talking about the T20 WC what did I say wrong. They all performed quite well. They also varied their pace quite nicely. To the guy above - Badri? What :omg:
I think we need a good bowling coach. Venkatash Prasad was never a great bowler, look at his average, maybe Kumble should be the bowling coach, his speed was higher than Venky :cantstop:
What has Venkatesh Prasad's skill as a bowler got to do with his coaching abilities? Chappel was an all time great player and look what he did as coach. Prasad is a Level 3 certfied coach from the NCA. He has significantly improved Indian pacers' technique [for example: look at seam position of guys like Zaheer and Munaaf]. What can he do if Indian bowlers don't have the action [ishant] or speed [Zaheer] to bowl "yorker after yorker" ?

When the cat's gone, the mice come out to play. No Sehwag or Sachin, Gilly, Hayden & Lara retired and gone, Ponting in the trough of his life...of course the bowlers will look good. What was shocking was to observe even seasoned campaigners like C'paul play like nervous schoolboys. The occasion has obviously got to some of these guys. The day I start writing odes to people like Mathews & Mendis is the day you'll can lock me in a padded cell and throw away the keys.

What has Venkatesh Prasad's skill as a bowler got to do with his coaching abilities? Chappel was an all time great player and look what he did as coach. Prasad is a Level 3 certfied coach from the NCA. He has significantly improved Indian pacers' technique [for example: look at seam position of guys like Zaheer and Munaaf]. What can he do if Indian bowlers don't have the action [ishant] or speed [Zaheer] to bowl "yorker after yorker" ?
can you elaborate on that.I didnt know you needed a specific action to get the yorkers going.Gul,Malinga and Parnell's actions are not similar at all and they can and do bowl "yorkers after yorker"