Yusuf Pathan

Yusuf Pathan can be useful in the role of a hitter down the order. And of course he can deliver a few useful overs. He will look bad in matches like yesterday's. I don't think he has the patience or the temperament to play a responsible innings. But he will make a damn good finisher when some of the batsmen above him do their jobs right.

Yusuf Pathan can be useful in the role of a hitter down the order. And of course he can deliver a few useful overs. He will look bad in matches like yesterday's. I don't think he has the patience or the temperament to play a responsible innings. But he will make a damn good finisher when some of the batsmen above him do their jobs right.
Thats being harsh. His FC record speaks otherwise.
Thats being harsh. His FC record speaks otherwise.
I haven't checked his FC records. My opinion is based on whatever I have seen of him in ODIs. I may be wrong and I will be happy if I am wrong. But I have seen him attempt big shots and get out while he should have been more careful.
i think this was the first time he had to bat this early so i dont blame him for not performing...
Haha, this logic then should apply to every player so do not criticize other players in our team Also, many things happen in life first time, but we cannot always make this an excuse for any possible failure

He has lots of limitations as a batsman. Especially short bowling even against the likes of Praveen Kumar who clocks barely 135 k. He doesn't have the technique to duck or weave or drop his hands down or pull or hook. But he is a maverick. When he gets going he can turn things around very swiftly. His style of play in India domestic cricket was aggressive. He has a long way to go become an all round stroke player. He hits when the ball in certain zone, comes at certain pace. My advice for him is to take his bowling seriously and make him 10 over worth. We can treat his batting as a bonus.

With a full strength team i.e. featuring Sachin, Sehwag and co, the top order will fire 8 times out of 10. In such circumstances a Yusuf Pathan is required to finish the innings with a bang however when the big guns are not playing, collapses are bound to happen. Does Yusuf have the technique and raw batting talent to bat 20/30 overs? No, he certainly doesn't. But he has the ability to turn a match on its head. This is a UNIQUE talent therefore he should be given a fairly long rope in the side.

With a full strength team i.e. featuring Sachin, Sehwag and co, the top order will fire 8 times out of 10. In such circumstances a Yusuf Pathan is required to finish the innings with a bang however when the big guns are not playing, collapses are bound to happen. Does Yusuf have the technique and raw batting talent to bat 20/30 overs? No, he certainly doesn't. But he has the ability to turn a match on its head. This is a UNIQUE talent therefore he should be given a fairly long rope in the side.
if RP can bat for 30 overs i dont know why Yusuf can't.yesterday he was bombarded with short balls n he tried to be defensive.he'll alrite i'm sure

He has height to deal with bouncers. Just practice is required. I think he should be fine. But his bowling has to be more consistent. He should improve his wicket taking ability. Harbhajan does nothing but restrict the batsmen. He doesn't take wickets like he should. Jadeja is also a darter as well. We cannot have three defensive bowlers who don't take wickets.

Haha, this logic then should apply to every player so do not criticize other players in our team Also, many things happen in life first time, but we cannot always make this an excuse for any possible failure
i aint criticizing any player...i just replied to the thread topic buddy...and if top order batsman can not perform well then blaming #6 batsman for not performing would be very unfair i guess... he has done really well in the past...and failing once would not be a big problem...he is a match winner for sure....but it wasnt his day thats all...i think it wasnt Team India's day lol