M Vijay and Badrinath

Tbh Badrinath is a good player. I would put him for Rohit Sharma anyday. Just give Badrinath the same no. of oppurtunities Rohit had got and it would be clear who's better. You all must have remembered the Indo - lanka series where Murali and Mendis were giving hard times to Indian batsman. And in his very first match' date=' Badrinath not only played sensible innings with good stroke play and technique and lead India to the win where even Yuvraj was struggling.[/quote'] dude we know Badri is a good player.but u expect him to be same no. of opportunities as Rohit as Rohit is much younger.in that SL match he showed his technique.but the required RR was only 3.in later games wen he needed to kick on,he struggled bigtime.thats his problem. Badri is suited for tests,not ODIs
Badri is suited for tests,not ODIs
Yes. That is where his career failed to take off. India's selection policies for Tests have changed a over a period. They pick players from one day side unlike the 90s or before. Rahul Dravid and Ganguly played the Tests directly without even having decent outing in one dayers. No such practices anymore. So Ganguly's exit did not mean Badri's entry. Indian selection committee has to revisit their strategy of picking Test players form one day side. Heavy run getters in first class cricket must be treated equally with players who are good in one dayers. Rahane, Pujara, Badri, Mukund , Karthik et al. They all scored heavily this season. Ganguly's spot is still undecided though Yuvraj will hold it for a while. It will be very good if Yuvi make that spot his own. But so far indications are he becomes a completely different player in Tests.
no he is not ' date=' playing with low SR does not make you worthly of comparision with draivd . [b']if badri was half the batsman dravid is then he would have been in the team long time back
huh... Your Full Draivd is not even selected for ODIs....why will we choose ur Half Dravid i.e. Badri

Badri has to pull a Hussey or atleast a Misba. He has to make huge impact straight away when he gets a chance. But i have a feeling Karthik will outdo him. Rightnow Ganguly's spot is being occupied by Yuvraj. If Yuvi misses a series for some reason then that slot will be open again. Who will fill that spot? 1) Badrinath 2) Vijay 3) Karthik 4) Irfan Pathan 5) Rohit Sharma If Badri gets a chance he must make it count. At beast he will get opportunity for couple of Tests assuming they don't prefer Irfan or Karthik.

If Badri gets a chance he must make it count. At beast he will get opportunity for couple of Tests assuming they don't prefer Irfan or Karthik.
lets be realistic apart from Robin singh we dont really have a history of selecting older players. If a test spot were to open up Raina, Rohit i would say even Kaif would be prefered over Badri.

Ah yes Kaif- the forgotten man. Very shabbily treated IMHO. He deserves a middle order test spot over Raina, Rohit and Badri, Very unfairly dropped after scoring a fine ton in WI on our last tour there and not had a look in since despite fine domestic form AND being the best Ranji captain. He was roped in to the squad as a replacement for SRT I think a few series ago not sure against who it was; and then dropped again without being given a shot. Hes always been dropped just one or two innings after a fine knock- not fairly treated at all. And apparently hes an improved batsman since he last played for India- a free-er run scorer. He batted well for Ind A vs Aus in a tour match when they toured us last

Yes. That is where his career failed to take off. India's selection policies for Tests have changed a over a period. They pick players from one day side unlike the 90s or before. Rahul Dravid and Ganguly played the Tests directly without even having decent outing in one dayers. No such practices anymore. So Ganguly's exit did not mean Badri's entry. Indian selection committee has to revisit their strategy of picking Test players form one day side. Heavy run getters in first class cricket must be treated equally with players who are good in one dayers. Rahane' date=' Pujara, Badri, Mukund , Karthik et al. They all scored heavily this season. Ganguly's spot is still undecided though Yuvraj will hold it for a while. It will be very good if Yuvi make that spot his own. But so far indications are he becomes a completely different player in Tests.[/quote'] Good post
Tbh Badrinath is a good player. I would put him for Rohit Sharma anyday. Just give Badrinath the same no. of oppurtunities Rohit had got and it would be clear who's better. You all must have remembered the Indo - lanka series where Murali and Mendis were giving hard times to Indian batsman. And in his very first match' date= Badrinath not only played sensible innings with good stroke play and technique and lead India to the win where even Yuvraj was struggling.
Yes, and not just Badri, even M. Vijay can perform better than Wonder if given similar continuous run that RW got.
Ah yes Kaif- the forgotten man. Very shabbily treated IMHO. He deserves a middle order test spot over Raina, Rohit and Badri, Very unfairly dropped after scoring a fine ton in WI on our last tour there and not had a look in since despite fine domestic form AND being the best Ranji captain. He was roped in to the squad as a replacement for SRT I think a few series ago not sure against who it was; and then dropped again without being given a shot. Hes always been dropped just one or two innings after a fine knock- not fairly treated at all. And apparently hes an improved batsman since he last played for India- a free-er run scorer. He batted well for Ind A vs Aus in a tour match when they toured us last
:nono:

Please can anyone explain me this What is the difference between Gambhir and Badri If I remember clearly, 2007 ODI World Cup, Gambhir was just a outside player and did not get selected and if you look at his stats he also got his debut in 2003 and overall was only at best just average and was a slow player, but for some reason he got a continued opportunities after the world cup and look where he is now? So my question is why what happened to gambhir cannot happen with badri or why has badri not ever got continued opportunities and lastly what is the reason that made gambhir get the opportunies, was it sehwag or what?

Please can anyone explain me this What is the difference between Gambhir and Badri If I remember clearly, 2007 ODI World Cup, Gambhir was just a outside player and did not get selected and if you look at his stats he also got his debut in 2003 and overall was only at best just average and was a slow player, but for some reason he got a continued opportunities after the world cup and look where he is now? So my question is why what happened to gambhir cannot happen with badri or why has badri not ever got continued opportunities and lastly what is the reason that made gambhir get the opportunies, was it sehwag or what?
:hello: Perhaps looking at facts might suggest otherwise. He did not get a continuous run.
Gambhir was an opener n opener's slot was empty,not MO.moreover Gambhir was in n out of team often.its only wen he made use of his opportunities in T20 WC that he got further opportunities n he made use of them too. unfair to compare Gambhir n Badri IMO
Gambhir was an opener n opener's slot was empty,not MO.moreover Gambhir was in n out of team often.its only wen he made use of his opportunities in T20 WC that he got further opportunities n he made use of them too. unfair to compare Gambhir n Badri IMO
There it is, you have been done with the hype!! Gambhir was selected into a major tournament , and I have also agreed that he was in and out, but that only proves what I was saying, at that time he was regarded as at best average player and slow player which is exactly what we think about Badri now. So ultimately he got lucky to get a good chance which badri has never been given, which is fact and everyone has to agree.
There it is, you have been done with the hype!! Gambhir was selected into a major tournament , and I have also agreed that he was in and out, but that only proves what I was saying, at that time he was regarded as at best average player and slow player which is exactly what we think about Badri now. So ultimately he got lucky to get a good chance which badri has never been given, which is fact and everyone has to agree.
why dont u understand,Gambhir is an OPENER n there were vacancy in openers slot for the T20 WC.Also Gambhir is younger than Badri,so got his chances. n who told u he was a slow player,he was always a player not afraid to go aerial. selecting Badri for T20 wen there were so many options would have been stupidity,while Gambhir was the best choice by far for the opener's role
Gambhir slow???? U kidding.. go and check his stats ...

I still remember the days when Ganguly at the age of 22 walked in and started unreeling one sublime stroke after another at Lords. It was complemented by by another debutatnt Dravid's exquisite 84 in the same innings which was loaded with pristine on drives. He came at no.7. No excuse of batting low down the order. He just delivered. Failure there could have halted Dravid's career for a while. Is Badri capable of doing that if he gets a chance? He has no choice but to produce such breathless knocks to ignite his test career.

I still remember the days when Ganguly at the age of 22 walked in and started unreeling one sublime stroke after another at Lords. It was complemented by by another debutatnt Dravid's exquisite 84 in the same innings which was loaded with pristine on drives. He came at no.7. No excuse of batting low down the order. He just delivered. Failure there could have halted Dravid's career for a while. Is Badri capable of doing that if he gets a chance? He has no choice but to produce such breathless knocks to ignite his test career.
Bardi has been given his chances and he did not deliver. He has sucked and he lacks consistency. You should make your bat talk not your mouth. M Vijay on the OTOH is quite a good find.