Repercussions of Ashes loss

sangrock

1.Will Ricky Ponting be sacked? No 2.Will Mr. Cricket be dropped from the Aussie squad? Yes (if the selectors have any sense) 3.Will Clark-Lee be back as the strike bowlers? No. I think only one of the 2 will play in the same line-up. I don't think Hussey is being selfish, he wants to play for Aus, he knows he is good enough to and is trying to change his fortunes. it's up to the selectors to do the right thing and drop him, but they've shown no balls. In a way losing this could be a blessing in disguise, we could review what went wrong and start to change it! Then again I don't think I can take the prospects of England carrying on...

nothing will change .. Khussey has been selected for the CT , Pak is touring Aus this summer so it will be easy for Ponting's men to claim that "they are back".
Pakistan have a great chance to beat Aus in Aus after SA. Other than Ponting I dont think any Aus batsman have any chance of scoring decent runs against the likes of Aamir,Asif,Gul & Ajmal.

It will be ridiculous if the Aussie selectors make any sort of large-scale changes based on this loss. This was a loss, but it was also a well fought series. You could say that Australia was just one dismissal away from retaining the Ashes, but failed to pick up the last wicket in the first test. On the related note, its seems like Pwnting is begnning to feel the pinch a little bit, coz he said this in the press-conference after the match;

"With a loss, I'm more determined than ever to be a better player and leader than I am at the moment. I don't really know what to expect when I get back. Hopefully most of the questions will be from journalists, not from people above. But we'll see. I've felt I've given myself the best opportunity and done a good job as a captain and leader in this series. Leaders are always looked upon on their results on their team. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the guys we haven't got the results we would have liked. Ultimately it is my responsibility to get the best out of the guys and to win series. I felt I ticked most of those boxed, other than making a few more runs myself."

But Ponting has to go. He is brain dead as a captain. He proves that you need more then a never say die attitude and amazing passsion for your country. YOU NEED A BRAIN AND PONTING DOES NOT HAVE ONE. He has been hopeless as captain over last 18 months. I truly believe a more shrewed leader could have eaked out a series win were ponting has lost one. Its summed up by non selection of spinner in final test on a raging turner

It will be ridiculous if the Aussie selectors make any sort of large-scale changes based on this loss. This was a loss, but it was also a well fought series. You could say that Australia was just one dismissal away from retaining the Ashes, but failed to pick up the last wicket in the first test. On the related note, its seems like Pwnting is begnning to feel the pinch a little bit, coz he said this in the press-conference after the match;
They would have lost T4 if not for rain. It cuts both ways in a close series.
They would have lost T4 if not for rain. It cuts both ways in a close series.
Oh come on, they drew it comfortably in the end. My whole point, you cannot make a significant policy decision (like replacing a captain or coach) based on the result of a series alone. That would be like having a horse-view, just looking straight ahead, totally oblivious to all that is happening around you. Australia has shown that it’s still a remarkably competitive and tough cricketing side, despite the loss of some outstanding cricketers and that’s credit to this present unit. In fact, I think there are already indications that Ponting will not be held solely accountable for this Ashes loss. James Sutherland, CEO of CA, seemed to indicate as much, in an article posted in cricinfo.
After the Ashes loss - which looks to be around the corner. What will be the reprecussions in Australia?
  1. Will Ricky Ponting be sacked?
  2. Will Mr. Cricket be dropped from the Aussie squad?
  3. Will Clark-Lee be back as the strike bowlers?

What about England?

clark is not a strike bowler at all as he depends on the condition more to help him. he has been useless after his 3 wickets in headingly ist innings when wicket was fresh and ball was doing something
Pakistan have a great chance to beat Aus in Aus after SA. Other than Ponting I dont think any Aus batsman have any chance of scoring decent runs against the likes of Aamir' date='Asif,Gul & Ajmal.[/quote'] Likes of : Aamer - 3 matches 6 wickets @44. Wicketless after debut.:hysterical: Asif - Let's see if he can do some drug free bowling :giggle: Gul - Averages 38 in the last 2 years :laugh: Ajmal - The only decent bowler, but look at the record of off spinners in Australia.:nervous: The "likes" of Aamer, Asif, Gul, and Ajmal will certainly cause mayhem in Australia.