Tendulkar and 15000 test runs

Guest Hiten.

I think its Sunny who over hyped that part. He said Sachin should win the 2011 WC. He said that one news papers' date=' magazines, televisions shows, news channels...everywhere.[/quote'] yup, I remember watching this show on CNN-IBN with Rajdeep Sardesai interviewing Sachin and Sunny. It was called Little Masters, I think. I remember Sunny asking/pleading Sachin to win the 2011 WC.

With the team that we got, we should be able to make the semi finals quite comfortably.But, traditionally, we aren't supposed to be that good in knock out matches, but that has changed a lot since the last world cup. We certainly have the players to win the world cup..now go get it for us, God & His sons! I excite...:dance:

How realistic is Sachin's dream? SportsCenter’s Achint Gupta finds out how realistic Sachin Tendulkar is when he dreams of scoring 15,000 Test runs. More... How realistic is Sachin's dream? Thursday 6th August 2009 SportsCenter’s Achint Gupta finds out how realistic Sachin Tendulkar is when he dreams of scoring 15,000 Test runs. The Little Master, who has always avoided revealing targets set a few debates running with his target Those glorious cover drives and straight drives have been a delight for his fans over the years but in recent times, there have been deliveries that have penetrated his rock-solid defence. After achieving almost all the milestones dreamt for a cricketer, Tendulkar has expressed his desire to create a Mount Everest of his own, which will be as high as 15000 runs. But to do that Sachin will not only need to play an extra long innings for India, but every innings he will play will have to be special. Figures show that in last three years Sachin has played 27 matches for 2304 runs with a below par average of 46.29, which is almost 11 runs short of his best phase from 1995 to 1998. Even in that phase Sachin needed 26 matches to get 2127 runs, which is again a 100 runs short of the number of runs he needs now to touch 15 K. Moreover, ICC’s recent liking for Twenty20 has meant that the number of Tests played per year has been reduced, as can be seen with India who by the end of this year would have only played six matches. If one takes a look at the ICC’s FTP, India will play 31 Tests by the end of 2012, and that could be the minimum time the Little Master will need to achieve his dream. That would mean Sachin could be in action post-2011 World Cup. But is his fitness good enough to long that far after the amount of blows he has taken? One route that can help Sachin play all those 30-odd Tests is complete retirement from ODIs, but that looks highly unlikely as the Mumbaikar has also expressed his desire to bring the World Cup to India in 2011 Yes, Sachin has been a role model for all youngsters and if he does opt to be realistic and try for one dream then he can achieve the 15,000 mark. But fans who know him over the years would like to believe that statistics would not get a priority over winning the World Cup for India.

Tendulkar can achieve anything he sets out to do, but I'm sure he would like to accomplish the following before he leaves the game, in order of priority. 1) Win a Test Series in Australia 2) Win the WC 3) Win a Test Series in SAF 4) Get a triple Stuff I'd like him to accomplish on a personal level? 50 Test match hundreds, 50 ODI hundreds. I don't think anyone would be able to touch that.

i would like him to rest most odi's.for example if we take a 4-0 lead against the Aussies in the odi series then Sachin should not play in the remaining 3 matches.he should also skip irrelevant series and should not play in the IPL at all.
IMO he should only play in the big tourneys.
Tendulkar can achieve anything he sets out to do, but I'm sure he would like to accomplish the following before he leaves the game, in order of priority. 1) Win a Test Series in Australia 2) Win the WC 3) Win a Test Series in SAF 4) Get a triple Stuff I'd like him to accomplish on a personal level? 50 Test match hundreds, 50 ODI hundreds. I don't think anyone would be able to touch that.
The first three are for the team to achieve, not for an individual.
He should skip faltoo tournaments like the upcoming tri-series' date=' but the problem is that that series will be useful to regain some form[/quote'] :headshake: Should be used to get back into match rhythm - not to regain form. His last ODI knock was a 163* retired hurt. And your nick is Sachinism. :headshake:

I couldn’t care less about what numbers Sachin ends up with. Numbers don’t define greatness, memorable moments do. If I can see Sachin play another innings similar to the ‘Desert Storm’ blitzkrieg or the one he played against Australia in the 2nd innings of the Chennai test in ’98, that will be best possible treat Sachin can give to me as a cricket fan. However, it will be fitting if he ends his career with the following 3 bullet points in his resume – World cup win, Test series win against Australia in Australia and a test series win in South Africa/West Indies.

I couldn’t care less about what numbers Sachin ends up with. Numbers don’t define greatness, memorable moments do. If I can see Sachin play another innings similar to the ‘Desert Storm’ blitzkrieg or the one he played against Australia in the 2nd innings of the Chennai test in ’98, that will be best possible treat Sachin can give to me as a cricket fan. However, it will be fitting if he ends his career with the following 3 bullet points in his resume – World cup win, Test series win against Australia in Australia and a test series win in South Africa/West Indies.
done :hmmmm2:

John Buchanan picking flaws in SRT batting

Sachin Tendulkar has hit back at John Buchanan for picking flaws in his batting technique against pace bowling and advised the former Australia coach to change his opinion which "doesn't have to be right all the time". "It is only his opinion. John Buchanan doesn't have to be right all the time. If I couldn't handle short deliveries, then I wouldn't still be scoring runs," Tendulkar said in an interview to Wisden. "Maybe he needs to change his opinion. There must be something very wrong with all the bowlers around the world that they have allowed me to score so many runs," he retorted. Buchanan had said before India's 2007 tour of Australia that video analysis of the Tendulkar reveals his footwork has become sluggish, especially early in his innings, making him vulnerable to short-pitched deliveries followed by a fuller one. "What I've been seeing for a while is that his feet don't move early in his innings and he is not very fluid early on. That makes the good-pace short ball a great weapon. It's something that Australia should be very conscious of this summer," Buchanan had said.
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/06/tendulkar-hits-out-at-buchanan.htm Yeh saala bhooka naan pagal tho nahi ho gaya ...:finger::finger::finger:
I think its Sunny who over hyped that part. He said Sachin should win the 2011 WC. He said that one news papers' date=' magazines, televisions shows, news channels...everywhere.[/quote'] Tendulkar himself has mentioned it a few times. I believe it is something he really wants. Most international players would definitely dream of lifting the world cup. For a man who has achieved pretty much everything else in the game, he will want to win the world cup badly.

highly unlikley!! the number of tests we nations we play will surely decrease in a couple of years due to Limited over matces and considering that the ipl and t20 world cup has IMO essentially ruined test cricket. Also the fact that im sure he will lose some batting quality in the next few years, some and with this he will be heavily put pressure on considering hsi age and be highly critisized by ppl such as chappells and other aussis its a long run but if he stays long enough and keeps his technique and balance im sure it can be done in the very long run