Is there anyone in the England ODI side who could walk into any of these sides?

Mr. Wicket

From the team playing in this ODI series :

India?
Broad for RP Singh
Sri Lanka?
Broad for Mathooz, Widebottom for Thushara, Swannz for Mendis, Class Act for Pappugedara
South Africa?
None
Australia?
Swannz for Horroitz, Prior for Paine
Pakistan?
Strauss and Bopara for whatever POS openers they have as of today, Broad for Mazzaq, Class act for Malik

Im going to cheat and say Foster and Mascarenhas by rights should be in that team IMHO, Englands selection is a bit potty Would Mascarenhas replace Yousuf Pathan in our side? It certainly wouldnt be a 'walk in' Strauss on current form could open for Pak. And with our injury problems would be handy foil for SRT at the top

Are you serious when you say Strauss can be our back up in case of SRT's injury ? I think India carries far better potentials in our arsenal than having to open with Strauss. No disrespect to Strauss but going by our team's strengths I think Virat Kohli can easily triumph Strauss when it comes to selection incase of SRT's absence. Masca is really ineffective and I don't think he would even make a cut out to the English side, leave alone India. Yousuf is a handy customer with the ball and can be used as partnership breaker (today's final as an example and the game vs WI in T20).

I actually meant alongside SRT, a sub-Gambhir if you like. Lefty-righty opening duo. A better opener, on current form, than Virat -who is only 20 and Isnt even an opener anyway, and certainly a better bastman than Kartik. Who else would you suggest? Dhawan? Pujara? Srivastav? erm.. Mukund? Put it this way, if Strauss suddenly became Indian yesterday would he have opened with Tendulkar today? I think so

I just do not see Strauss as a handy customer in the limited version of the game. Names you mentioned are worth a try than Strauss IMO. That might be the bias I carry to see an Indian playing alongside SRT :P

If Shikar Dhawan was fit he would have been a strong contender in GGs absence. Hed be a good opener for India- not that Ive seen him play lol, but seems like a solid player and got good FC experience. It happened when Virat was last picked for India, it was only due to unlucky Dhawans injury IIRC.