Ranji Trophy - Super League 2009-2010 - Discussion thread

They were very good even without their availability' date=' but nowr Muzumder s gone too, it looks like an ordinary lineup.[/quote'] Yea I know, our main batsmen havent hit their straps yet, Rahane and Jaffer had a brilliant 08, yeah the departure of Mazumdar has left a gaping hole in the middle. For this game though they went in one batsman short.

Mumbai blooding yougsters. They have a 17 year old and a 19 year old left arm spinners in Harmeet Singh and Iqbal Adbulla. Both picked up 4 wickets a piece against Himachal. Abdulla has come up the ranks and has play u19 for India as well. Abdulla's also not bad with the willow and a good fielder as well but from what I've seen and observed, his bowling lacks the x factor. He may improve as he gains more experience

Pujara 204* Nice :thumbs_up: Pls. BCCI and LMo - Leave this guy out of the IPL mess. I fear circus kirket :fear: Let him focus on 4-day cricket - domestics, India-A tours to other countries etc. Maybe even try to get him in for Eng County cricket. When Dravid retires, I hope Pujara can be considered for the spot - but he needs to work on his game and get ready.

Pujara 204* Nice :thumbs_up: Pls. BCCI and LMo - Leave this guy out of the IPL mess. I fear circus kirket :fear: Let him focus on 4-day cricket - domestics, India-A tours to other countries etc. Maybe even try to get him in for Eng County cricket. When Dravid retires, I hope Pujara can be considered for the spot - but he needs to work on his game and get ready.
++ I would also say the same for Rahane. Those are our two most prolific domestic run getters, have been showing lots of promise in ALL forms since youth cricket and I expect that the success of our batting a few years from now will hinge largely on them.
Pawan scores again ' date=' one to watch out for according to dravid ....this is the strongest Karnataka team I have seen for few years ..but need to Play Apanna ahead of S Joshi .[/quote'] But Joshi comes up with gems in batting when chips are really down. He is the 'fat man' of Karnataka, although he is half the size of the real 'fat man'.
Malik 6-33
Do the people in India, who have seen him more often than myself (I just saw him in the Duleep Trophy final, which was aired in England, a few years ago), think that he should be a Test contender? He has a pretty handy First Class record and bowls at around 120-130kph from what I have seen, but is he Test quality? Similar question about Siddharth Trivedi, who has an excellent First Class record, bowls with reasonable speed (125-135kph) but has never really been considered for a Test spot.

Baroda 234 Uttar Pradesh 240 (76.0 ov) UP just make it across, thanks to a 65 by Piyush Chawla, Munaf picks up 4. Mumbai 162 & 251/7 (98.0 ov) Himachal Pradesh 246 Mumbai lead by 167, Thanks to 70* by Sir Aggy, now only need the tail to hang around to prop it up to around 230-240. Then we have a match on.

how'd you like Sir Aggy being the top scorer for Mumbai? :regular_smile: and why isn't the fat-man playing :hitler:
Sir Aggy :hail::hail::hail::hail: Calling SALIL Ajit_Agarkar.jpg
Punjab 228 vs Tamil Nadu 340/6 at Amritsar. :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: M Vijay B Lauda 148. :hehe::hehe:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
++ .
:blink: ps: it's finey you quoted....i think you meant "- -" :dontknow: