Younis Khan captaincy saga

Asim

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/434064.html
"He was really unhappy with the shots some of the batsmen played and he feels as if they did it deliberately to undermine him," one source told Cricinfo. "He just feels as if he is knocking his head against a brick wall, telling batsmen, senior guys, how to play and them just not listening. He is tired of the constant fighting within the team, especially when it is not clear what they are all fighting or upset about. Nobody has gone to him directly to say anything and that has upset him the most. It isn't so much the pressure of his own failures that has brought him down as this." Younis's immediate future is unclear. It is believed that he wants to continue playing international cricket and will return to Pakistan and play some domestic cricket to set himself up for the Australia tour, beginning at the end of December. A return to captaincy seems highly improbable; neither is the PCB likely to offer it to him, having been burnt so many times, nor is he likely to take it up, given his experience this time round.
:laugh::laugh: The first part is really funny and sounds like the story of the country - fighting but not sure for what!
When a company cant pay you for the services' date=' most people will leave it.[/quote'] I don't think that was the reason he gave when he left. He was discontent with Malik's captaincy. He gave several inflammatory interviews saying the same. He also expressed his willingness to lead the side at times. But he definitely had an idea that he would be an automatic choice for captaincy after Inzamam. Now he got what he wanted.

You know Pakistani cricket, it's the only one with so much emphasis on juniors and seniors. It is the reason why there is so much in fighting. Even in India there is some form of respect from the players for a captain who is less experienced or younger than them. I really hate how Pakistan have gone about this, how two very close friends, Younis and Afridi could allow their hunger for power to come between them and hurt their country at the same time.

You know Pakistani cricket' date=' it's the only one with so much emphasis on juniors and seniors. It is the reason why there is so much in fighting. [b']Even in India there is some form of respect from the players for a captain who is less experienced or younger than them. I really hate how Pakistan have gone about this, how two very close friends, Younis and Afridi could allow their hunger for power to come between them and hurt their country at the same time.
I think apart from Ganguly other senior players kept everything to themselves. Even Ganguly would not deride them openly. Probably occasional veiled remark. That's it. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman. India was fortunate that way. No ego clash. Even among youngsters Yuvraj didn't really have any grudge against Dhoni. I very much doubt Sehwag has grudge as well. Even if there is any you won't find them giving irresponsible interviews like Razzaq, Afridi, Moyo were giving.