Ishant is the future of Indian bowling: Ganguly

Feed

Ishant appeared to be a great Test prospect a while back. Too many ODIs, T20, IPL tamashas have led to his waywardness now. If at least for a year or two, BCCI can exclusively have him focussed only on Tests and avail him good coaching, there is a chance he can regain the pace, accuracy and bounce. Have him play English county and Tests for a couple of years.

Ishant appeared to be a great Test prospect a while back. Too many ODIs, T20, IPL tamashas have led to his waywardness now. If at least for a year or two, BCCI can exclusively have him focussed only on Tests and avail him good coaching, there is a chance he can regain the pace, accuracy and bounce. Have him play English county and Tests for a couple of years.
Yes, yes, yes and yes 1000 times over. Unfortunately our greedy board wants nothing better than year round IPLs and 27 match ODI series.

Ishant's bouncers suck. When fast bowlers bowl bouncers they give more effort. They won't give the same effort that you give for a regular delivery. You could see that from Zak's bouncers, Dammika Prasad's bouncers. An extra oomph is required. But Ishant bowls bouncers with same effort. You don't see any effort. One of the reason his bouncers don't reach batsmen at uncomfortable heights. Even Praveen's bouncers are better.

:hysterical::hysterical: The time isn`t far when you start getting hammered by minnows:cantstop:
I would any day pick him over that maa ka l-----....Umar GUL....he is the most over rated bowler....even if u won 20-20 cup...we defeated u in one match(warm up match)...check the bowling figures of ishant in that match...and ur so called gul...

Ishant needs a break from international cricket. Sometimes going back to domestic cricket would help a player identify the mistakes that he was doing while playing for India and also give him the time to sort it out. But Dhoni is really adamant about playing Ishant in almost all the matches. Doesn make sense to me. Hope he gets a break from international cricket soon, i am sure it would do wonders to his bowling.

Ishant needs a break from international cricket. Sometimes going back to domestic cricket would help a player identify the mistakes that he was doing while playing for India and also give him the time to sort it out. But Dhoni is really adamant about playing Ishant in almost all the matches. Doesn make sense to me. Hope he gets a break from international cricket soon' date=' i am sure it would do wonders to his bowling.[/quote'] he should be rested for ODI'S ...but for test matches and with red cherry...he is a diff bowler...

It's not just BCCI to be blamed, it's also the players. The players also want to secure their future and they take a bit of punt playing far too many ODIs/Twenty20s. In fact ODIs are the ones that are the cause for these fast bowlers struggling for form and fitness. The ODI line is far too different from test matches. Bowling a full day on a flat track requires a lot of skill and fitness. Unfortunately not many fast bowlers are blessed with Hadlee or Lillee like skill or ability these days. The ones that are good enough just don't have the fitness to play the longer version of the game. Since 1990s fast bowlers have become endangered and I reckon that is because of these mindless 7 ODI series' No one remember the score line after about an year's time. The ODI series also should be no more than 3 in a bilateral series.