Does anyone think Welegedera chucks?

rkt.india

Rkt.India, get in line. The first time i saw him on day 1 of the first test, I felt something was amiss. In fact, I had also posted a video of the Ruchira Perera, another Lankan left-arm over, bowling. There is an uncanny similarity between the actions of these two bowlers and Ruchira Perera was 'called'. With reg. to Welegedera, his action looks ok in general, but at certain points, especially in the subsequent spells of the day, when he's a little tired and his action falls apart a bit, something seems 'wrong'. There's no doubt in my mind that his left bowling arm isnt as straight as it could be, during the delivery stride. However, the rules say you can have a bent arm, but the extension of it should not be more than 15 degrees. So, even though, to the naked eye, his action does seem a bit suspect, he may well come out clean.

that was the case with Kamran khan too and his style is quite similar to Kamran Khan and bent elbow means chuck.
Thats not how it is.If the arm remains the same during delivery stride,thats not a chuck.On the other hand chucking is not just bent elbow.Benting the elbow and then straightening it during delivery is also chucking.