Thoughts on Day 1... predictions for the rest?

when Samarweera failed, I told my buddy, should be easy to fold them around 270. Did not happen Even when Dilshan fell (rather umpire made him fell) they were about 270 odd even then I told them its possible to get them under 320. Jeez third session was poor from us.

when Samarweera failed, I told my buddy, should be easy to fold them around 270. Did not happen Even when Dilshan fell (rather umpire made him fell) they were about 270 odd even then I told them its possible to get them under 320. Jeez third session was poor from us.
They started poorly they just continued that.. here is our third session.. szz7ls.png

It doesn't look like a batting side will crumble down in 2 seasons at all. Pitch has a nice bounce and carry. Ball will come on bat if they apply themselves. Tough for RD, SRT but good for VS, VVS and may be YS. India has too many good players so reaching 350+ is unstoppable. But for them to take a lead, some one has to come up with 100+ or couple of 80+ scores will do. Sree bowled really really well in the second spell. But still there were too many lose balls by everyone including bhajji. We didn't keep it tight. If SL does, then we wills struggle to score 350. RD, SRT has this habbit of chasing the off stump line balls. If they survive then we will definitely get the 450 runs, a second innings around 225 to score in over 2 seasons.

We are getting unnecessarily restless. India will shut out SL under 400 and we look good to match their score or even perhaps take a minuscule lead. As Gambo mentioned, this match is about how the teams perform in their 2nd innings. From Indian perspective, if we are to win this game we have to attack with Veeru and bhajji from other hand. Veeru has the ability to zip the ball around and hurry the batsman into playing his strokes. I fail to understand why MSD hesitates in using Veeru when it is clear that he is able to bowl (that is no signs of shoulder problem). India to win this one lads, sit tight :isalute:

I am very pleased with day 1 after losing the toss. We are in pole position to win this one thanks to the turbinator. Nightmare scenario was Sri Lanka ending day 300 odd for 3. We will bowl them out for under 400 and then pile on the runs to get 600 odd. Their run rate is misleading, they have had a bad day! We are gonna win this

After the initial moist gone from the surface, the fast bowlers are not going to get much from this pitch. SO I dont see really any problem from SL fast bowlers. That leaves us Murli alone to handle. Even if we manage, Herath from other end, we have some good chance of scoring 450+. Even I dont see in problem with that. But for that wee need some big partnerships up front from top top 4.

Only worrisome part is will our frontline batsmen (barring Vijay) be able to add 'extra' 20/30 runs (each) to conjure up the runs that we will be missing from GG's willow.

With Sehwag, Vijay, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Yuvraj, Bhajji in our line up. India should be able to post 450 on this track in first innings. They get to bat most on 2nd day, and then 3rd day too. I think it will be Sri Lanka who will face the first music during day 3's final session and on day 4 first up. India in commanding position.

We are winning this one but not easily this time. It is going to be a close match but i am sure we will be on the top at the end. SL will be bundled under 385 and my prediction is we will score around 475 in the first innings. Chasing anything more than 200 will be tricky on this pitch. But we have an excellent match in our hands..call all the cricinfo dummies who went gaga over the test match btw Pak and NZ, they have a real test match now!