Is this the most brutal test innings EVER?

SachDan

IMO a definite YES :two_thumbs_up: Having watched all those mammoth innings' by Viru himself and those of Gilly, Astle and Lara, I feel this innings from Viru is the best ever played in the history of test cricket :isalute: Its not just the sheer volume of runs he scrored for the day (284!) that sets this innings apart. Can't think of another innings where a batsman virtually 'PLAYED' with an attack! You try blocking his favorite shots with a defensive field and the next thing he do is play a breathtaking stroke through unexpected region with gay abandon :cantstop:

I'll upload Astle's innings one day, it really was something else He was running at the bowlers (Seamers) and just smashing the ball out of sight
yh man , at one point i was thinking that him and cairns will win the match for NZ. Hoggard, Caddick and Freddie were almost raped in his 2nd 100 runs. B->
I'll upload Astle's innings one day, it really was something else He was running at the bowlers (Seamers) and just smashing the ball out of sight
Please upload Astle's innings. I remember seeing VHQ HL of him on either DT or BWT....do you have that one ?
I've uploaded the Astle innings, you dumb mothercanucker! :damnmate: Look above (post #10). :mad:
Arey I got that (through the email you sent) but there is an extended version of the HL VHQ.