Murali Vijay a threat to Yuvraj in test team?

Rangana Herath had Yuvraj Singh groping as if blindfolded. When Yuvraj finally stepped out and missed another arm ball' date= Prasanna Jayawardene, arguably the best keeper to spin, couldn't collect it. That miss cost them only 15, though, as Yuvraj sliced the same bowler to deep mid-off.
That after he struggled against the movement by Kulasekara. To be considered a serious Test match batsman, Yuvi needs to improve his batting skills and tighten up defense and reading the spinners from the hand.
That after he struggled against the movement by Kulasekara. To be considered a serious Test match batsman' date=' Yuvi needs to improve his batting skills and tighten up defense and reading the spinners from the hand.[/quote'] Lach explained to Yuvi about Herath's spin and straight on..Still he couldn't pick Herath.

M. Vijay looks to be an exciting prospect so far. However, I would reserve my judgement until he proves he belongs in this league by performing outside of india against good bowling attacks on somewhat bowler friendly / equal opportunity wickets. So far, even though it was pleasing to the eye, his efforts have been on good batting wickets. If he does, yeah, he should replace Yuvraj (not his position) in the team. If not, then we'll be having this discussion all over again with some other name(s).

at no.6 i'll take a Yuvraj averaging 40 over a slow player even if averaging 45.there r so many times we need quick runs wen we r in position to declare,Yuvraj can be used for that.he did that in Kanpur too.i'll give Yuvraj more chances.hes decent enuf. Vijay,tho looks very promising n can replace any of the top 3 wen need be n can be our no.3 after RD.till then,he'll have to wait

at no.6 i'll take a Yuvraj averaging 40 over a slow player even if averaging 45.there r so many times we need quick runs wen we r in position to declare,Yuvraj can be used for that.he did that in Kanpur too.i'll give Yuvraj more chances.hes decent enuf. Vijay,tho looks very promising n can replace any of the top 3 wen need be n can be our no.3 after RD.till then,he'll have to wait
You have Dhoni for that acceleration if need. That it itself is not a good enough reason for a player to be in the team, no matter who you consider as his replacement and it doesn't mean he always delivers when you need those fast runs like this match.
i'll give Yuvraj more chances.hes decent enuf.
On Asian pitches he might be, outside the subcontinent the man is utter rubbish. Vijay might well also prove to be utter rubbish outside the subcontinent, but I'd rather give him a chance to prove otherwise than see Yuvraj edge to slip for a low score for the umpteenth time. Agreed with Yoda about the flaw in your logic about the no.6 position.
You have Dhoni for that acceleration if need. That it itself is not a good enough reason for a player to be in the team' date=' no matter who you consider as his replacement and it doesn't mean he always delivers when you need those fast runs like this match.[/quote'] i'm not having only for acceleration.thats one of the reasons,what i ment that i wouldnt want a tuk tuk player at no.6 even if he averaged more than an aggresive player like yuvraj
i'm not having only for acceleration.thats one of the reasons' date='what i ment that i wouldnt want a tuk tuk player at no.6 even if he averaged more than an aggresive player like yuvraj[/quote'] sure, that's not a position where we want a tuk tuk player, and I do agree with you that Vijay is better suited higher up then there.
sure' date=' that's not a position where we want a tuk tuk player, and I do agree with you that Vijay is better suited higher up then there.[/quote'] exactly n thats why Yuvi is being more chances than normal.selectors n Dhoni know know that if Yuvi cements his place he can be a real asset.plus there isnt quite an aggresive a player as Yuvraj in dom.cricket
exactly n thats why Yuvi is being more chances than normal.selectors n Dhoni know know that if Yuvi cements his place he can be a real asset.plus there isnt quite an aggresive a player as Yuvraj in dom.cricket
Talking about SRs, Yuvraj's career SR - 58.5, Dhoni/Vijay(2 matches only) - 62.5, Gilly - 82 (:omg:).
Yuvi 5 years on is still coming to grips with test match batting. Murali V. looks to have superb technique and very good temperament by the look of things. With tours to RSA' date=' England next year - M.Vijay should be given a run. He's done nothing wrong in whatever chances he's been given. I hate to say this because Dhoni is our greatest ever captain - I think his close friendship with Yuvi means that he will push for Yuvi to be given more test chances ..never mind that he has been given ample in the past. Then there is Pujara waiting in the wings....Good thing is that they are both openers - its easy to fit into the middle order. [b']The other way around ..you have to be a genius like Veeru.
or Katich?:hmmm:
Talking about SRs' date=' Yuvraj's career SR - 58.5, Dhoni/Vijay(3 matches only) - 62.5, Gilly - 82 (:omg:).[/quote'] Gilly:hail: Yuvraj or Dhoni surely can turn it on.the strike rates reflect that they r willing to adjust to the situation

India has lot of potential youngsters. Vijay's best spot would be no.3 when Dravid retires. Yuvraj as it is will be and should be given more chances despite faulty technique. He has one of the finest technicians ever to play cricket in his side. It is upto him to iron out the flaws that impede his growth as a Test batsman. Because he has some other skills that very few possess. When those skills complement with basic skills he can be a real destructive force in world cricket. Even some great teams had only half decent no. 4, 5, no.6 players without being spectacular Few who come to my mind Gus Logie, Larry Gomez, Jonty Rhode. Only Australia of 2000 had 7 solid batsmen up the order.