Discussing the second T20 vs SL at Mohali, 2009

Can't seem to figure out on what basis they don't pick certain players for 2020. Virat Kohli, who is in the 5 match odi series squad, has never been given a chance to represent India in 2020, even though he can be good for this format. It's time they play him in this format too.
Kohli has excellent FC and List A records but an ordinary T20 record. I think his exclusion is fair, and I don't mind, I'd rather see him establish himself in the ODI and eventually the Test side. Others can play this T20 stuff.
Kohli has excellent FC and List A records but an ordinary T20 record. I think his exclusion is fair' date=' and I don't mind, I'd rather see him establish himself in the ODI and eventually the Test side. Others can play this T20 stuff.[/quote'] These one off 2020s or 2 2020s per series won't take away Kohli's passion for F.C Cricket or ODI cricket or test cricket. I think he will make a really good batsman in 2020 if given chance.
These one off 2020s or 2 2020s per series won't take away Kohli's passion for F.C Cricket or ODI cricket or test cricket.
I'm not saying they will - just saying given his poor record in T20 cricket I can see why he has been left out, and that I am more interested in seeing him establishing himself in Test/ODI cricket whether or not he plays T20 for India.
I think he will make a really good batsman in 2020 if given chance.
There is nothing to back this up - he has played 38 T20 games and has a poor record. Could improve in the future but he needs to show it at domestic level first.

perhaps you might be right Karan. He hasn't turned turned up against any great volcanic eruptions or has created any havoc in the 2020 format. It was just my assumption. But for now, I am atleast happy that Rohit won't be playing 2020 anymore. The guy has been complete failure in odi's and 2020. I would rather watch him pile 80-90s or 100s on flat tracks in Ranji Trophy which will atleast improve his temperment for staying for long time at the crease, then seeing him play this format which just brings back some haunted memories of his twilight past where he has struggled to score more then 20s and 30s. The guy shouldn't be anywhere near the team. I hope the guy is not given any chance until he improve his temperament Meanwhile - I will have Irfan Pathan. WTH is going on. The guy is a match winner in 2020. He can bat, bowl everything. Plus I would like to see Piyush Chawla given a run in 2020. I see him improving his batting. He might turn out to be a good lower order bat for us. Plus his effective spin bowling might not be too effective for test cricket rite now, but should be good enough for 2020