factors affecting our stay at the top world test rankings

CNN-IBN: Are you saddened by the fact that India are not playing too much Test cricket in the next six to eight months. There is only one series with Bangladesh. Virender Sehwag:Yes, I think we will discuss that with the players and the BCCI and hopefully, we will be playing more Test matches in the next few years. But that is really not in our hands. What is in our hands is to play the Test matches and win them. So, maybe we will be playing eight to ten Tests every year soon.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/i-want-to-see-india-win-test-matches-sehwag/45619-14-single.html

Possible Test Fixtures I know everyone is lashing at the BCCI for choosing IPL over test cricket. But which team is free to play test matches in the upcoming months? Aussies have back to back test series against Pakis and NZ. South Africa is playing England for a while until Jan 18. Looks like we can only organize a series against SL or NZ :omg: :WTF:

I know everyone is lashing at the BCCI for choosing IPL over test cricket. But which team is free to play test matches in the upcoming months? Aussies have back to back test series against Pakis and NZ. South Africa is playing England for a while until Jan 18. Looks like we can only organize a series against SL or NZ :omg: :WTF:
India is not free till 13 Jan either. After that, we could easily have had 3 tests with SA, if we had given priority to tests, that is or if SA could have finished their home series 10 days earlier.
what is our schedule after the T20 WC which ends in may? June' date=' July, Aug, Sep - what are we doing in those months? The next test series starts in Nov against NZ?[/quote'] Wait for a few months and we will see the BCCI come up with a tri series in BD, Lanka, Zim , WI and Ireland. Then there is an Asia cup to be played as well.
SA toured India in 2008. Why should they play in India again in 2010? It's India's turn to play in SA.
No you are wrng here.. even the last time when SA toured India the series was split into ODIs first followed by Tests at a later date. SO their actual tour to India was 4 years ago(appx) when India were led by Dravid and coached by Greg Chappell. They plyed 5 ODIs (they used super substitute rule during that series). So Test series they played in 2008 was inafct the postponement of the Tests from the earlier tour. So yeah fair to say things are following a cycle.
No you are wrng here.. even the last time when SA toured India the series was split into ODIs first followed by Tests at a later date. SO their actual tour to India was 4 years ago(appx) when India were led by Dravid and coached by Greg Chappell. They plyed 5 ODIs (they used super substitute rule during that series). So Test series they player in 2008 was inafct the postponement of the Tests from the earlier tour. So yeah fair to say things are following a cycle.
We toured SAF in 2009. We lost the odis 4-0 with one game rained out :cantstop:. But we won the T20 :D :yay: We lost the test series thanks to our middle order ***up in the final test. :((
We toured SAF in 2009. We lost the odis 4-0 with one game rained out :cantstop:. But we won the T20 :D :yay: We lost the test series thanks to our middle order ***up in the final test. :((
I think it meant 2006-07..anyway I was talking about them touring India not the other way around. The question of us going to SA doesn't arise till 2011. Note: They visited us before we toured them in 2006.

We need better bowlers. It seems like we have bowlers who are content with the rotational policy -- amongst -- Zaheer, Sreeshant, Nehra, Ishant and RP. There seems to be no consistency amongst the above guys. They blow hot and cold. Except probably with the lone exception of Zaheer. It bothers me -- that these bowlers could bowl well on one day out of 5 in a test match, but cannot replicate the same form over 2 innings -- let alone -- do it consistently over a series.

We need better bowlers. It seems like we have bowlers who are content with the rotational policy -- amongst -- Zaheer, Sreeshant, Nehra, Ishant and RP. There seems to be no consistency amongst the above guys. They blow hot and cold. Except probably with the lone exception of Zaheer. It bothers me -- that these bowlers could bowl well on one day out of 5 in a test match, but cannot replicate the same form over 2 innings -- let alone -- do it consistently over a series.
Only way you can create some consistency is by allowing select players to play just in Test matches. They will know the role. We are not known to produce assembly of genuine quicks like South Africa or Australia. So when we get a good one we have to let them evolve at test level before making them a regular in one dayers. For one dayers we have to bowl a different line and length. Our bowlers are not experienced enough to make this adjustments and ends up becoming in both formats. Sreesanth is the closest that come to how bowlers bowled in the 70s, 80s. We just have to preserve him for Tests.