Your favorite card games?

fineleg

21 or 27 Card Rummy ( Variation Called: "Andha Kanoon" ) Flush Black Jack Poker Rummy - Conventional - 13 Cards ( Depends on How many players, the more there are , the more packs u need aka game runs longer due to probability of getting duplicate cards ) 1 Joker ( Wild Card ) and Paploo What Is Paploo? if Joker is 10 of hearts then Jack of hearts is also the Joker Requires a Minimum 1 Run ( For eg., 5, 6, 7 of the same color - aka color in Rummy means design, not the actual color ) and rest can be trio's or another run with the Joker(s) So a game can be 5,6,7 3,3,3 4,4,4 K,K,K,K ( Remember there are 4 designs in card Hearts, Diamond, Spades and Flowers ) Above Total is 13 Cards OR 5,6,7 7,8 ( Joker ) 10 - means 7,8,9,10 3,3,3 4,4,4 Above Total is 13 Cards OR 5,6,7 7,8 ( Joker ) - means 7,8,9 3,3,3 4,4,4,4 Above Total is 13 Cards ================================================== Improvised Version- 21 Cards ( Min. 3 Packs required ) 1 Joker with Paploo and Taploo What Is Paploo? if Joker is 10 of hearts then Jack of hearts is also the Joker What Is Taploo? if Joker is 10 of hearts then Jack of hearts is also the joker as well as 9 of hearts Requires 3 real runs So 5,6,7 and 8,9,10 and J,Q, K Rest can be trio's or more runs with jokers ** Considering 10 of hearts is the Joker ** If you have 9 , 10 and Jack of hearts - its considered Jackpot and u win 10 units If you have three 10's - its considered Jackpot and u win 10 units if you have north, its called Double Jackpot and you win the game instantly without playing further Triple Jackpot is as rare as me winning the lotto ( never heard of in a club ) Each Club and group has variations, some ppl use the real joker ( which comes with the cards ) - game becomes rich with jackpots ** Andha Kanoon Variation ** 2 Ways ** The person who deals takes the cut from the guy sitting left to him and he is supposed topick a joker from the deck of cards, but in Andha Kanoon - he hides it and the person who has 3 runs can only see it, rest dont see it and unless u have 3, too bad OR the person doesn't remove the joker from the deck and the 1st person to present the 3 runs removes it, peeks at it and hides it ** ** Another terminology called _ Devils CUT - if I deal and all the cards are distributed evenly, the game is doubled ** How you win and lose - if u don't have 3 runs , you count ur cards full and if u have 3 runs, u count the rest but u try to save as much as ur can High Card ( ie., 10, J, Q, K, A ) = 10 units each and rest are what their number is 1-15 = 1 unit 15-25 = 2 units 25-35 = 3 units etc etc So if my cards had a count of 123, I lost 12 units so depending on the club and group- they play Rs 100-Rs 5000 per unit so I could lose RS 1200 to Rs 60,000 ( ala Jeteendra and Rishi Kapoor Diwali Stakes ) in 1 single game **27 Cards, Same as above but requires 4 runs with Paploo, Taploo and their respective back and forth as jokers as well ** Game requires study, not luck and discarding ( ie., what u throw to the next person ) Mostly Sindhi, Punjabi Dominant game

We used to play a game called 'Black Queen' usually played with a large group. I don't remember the details of that game - except that having a 'black queen spade' is not good and we would pass it to the next person somehow (it's not like joker). If anybody has played such a game, please please let me know how to play that game now. We used have a blast playing that ...especially when drunk..

Rummy :two_thumbs_up: As Rajiv mentioned..

Improvised Version- 21 Cards ( Min. 3 Packs required ) 1 Joker with Paploo and Taploo What Is Paploo? if Joker is 10 of hearts then Jack of hearts is also the Joker What Is Taploo? if Joker is 10 of hearts then Jack of hearts is also the joker as well as 9 of hearts Requires 3 real runs So 5,6,7 and 8,9,10 and J,Q, K Rest can be trio's or more runs with jokers ** Considering 10 of hearts is the Joker ** If you have 9 , 10 and Jack of hearts - its considered Jackpot and u win 10 units If you have three 10's - its considered Jackpot and u win 10 units if you have north, its called Double Jackpot and you win the game instantly without playing further Triple Jackpot is as rare as me winning the lotto ( never heard of in a club ) Each Club and group has variations, some ppl use the real joker ( which comes with the cards ) - game becomes rich with jackpots
Rajiv, nowadays we play like ONE real run, second run can be with a joker and rest be trios or runs.