Dilemma!?

hatja_tau

Any one who understands ethics - would agree that it would have been unethical for Karthik to 'consciously' work towards some individual's (his or Sachin's) personal milestone. Team's objective takes priority over anything and that is winning the match. In fact, had he done so - we would have been debating on - "was it right for Karthik to allow Sachin for another century". And trust me that would have received harsher response. When we have such contradicting situations (different paths to take), the one which is more aligned with Value system and ethics should take precedence. Besides, as others mentioned - Sachin had all the time (and skills and form) to get what he wanted. He could have easily manipulated the strike and we would have been after his skin for doing so (I would have led the effort ;) ).

Unbelievable quotes from former players. Why is it even a discussion after the primary objective was achieved. When Dravid was stranded on 91 in 114 balls in Sydney Test , declaration was made. Nobody made a fuss about that. Why now?
Unbelievable quotes from former players. Why is it even a discussion after the primary objective was achieved. When Dravid was stranded on 91 in 114 balls in Sydney Test ' date=' declaration was made. Nobody made a fuss about that. Why now?[/quote'] Correct. Poor Karthik is being attacked for no reason. I can understand it coming from some fans, but ex-players need to behave.

That was a smashing six, and the way the commies reacted. Sunny for one. :headshake: ..taking a chance' apparently I love the way all the so called 'ex players' in that article are a whos who of nobodys (relatively anyway). Nadkarni, Baig, Chauhan? who cares what you guys think save Gavaskar :D

On the flip-side, I think Karthik slowed down (or even otherwise) and Sach gotten his 100, there would have been a bigger controversy. People would have been up in arms pointing how he is playing for stats and 100s. Either way, this situation was tailor-made to be controversial. Ultimately, I think Sach came out of it relatively unscathed.