Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

[Conspiracy theory mode] Maybe Afridi's not so dumb after all, maybe he deliberately did it and here's why; We all know that there was already plenty of talk that Mohammmed Yousuf was going to be replaced as captain after the Aussie tour. Afridi is already captain of the T20 side, but there were still some doubts over his ODI and especially test match credentials. So he figured, he needed to do something that make all his supporters rally behind him and bolster his case for captaincy. What better way to achieve it, than to get banned from international cricket in an apparent attempt to help the team win? What is noticeable in this whole episode is the quickness with which he accepted guilt - There was no attempt whatsoever to even pretend he was innocent. The actual crime, acceptance of guilt and quick apology along with the justification for the act, all happened within 12 hours of each other. Maybe he had planned it all before, who knows. Secondly, the sheer brazen nature of the act also is a giveaway. There was no attempt to even hide from the cameras and he did it TWICE, almost as though he wanted to make sure he was caught and there were no doubts in anyone's mind. If someone's actually trying to tamper the ball to help his team win a) he wouldnt have solid bite at it, twice and b) he wouldnt do it in the full view of the cameras. Whats the point? You're going to get caught anyway and even if Pakistan had won, the victory would have been discredited. Maybe the intention was to never help his team win as he claims so, but to make sure he got caught in the first place. And just look at the justification he gave - 'I wanted my time to win one game, just one game.. I was desperate'. That is playing sweet music to the ears of disgruntled Pakistani fans, who were generally disenchanted by years of mediocre performances. And remarkably, all this has had the exact same effect that Afridi would have wanted. There has been a ground-swell of support for him among the Pakistani fans, apart from the odd innocent voices of dissent. Even those who werent actively supporting his captaincy claims, are now doing so. In him, they see a player who is desperate enough to sacrifice his own reputation in international cricket for the sake of the team. They think that is the exact solution to all the ills afflicting Pakistan cricket at the moment. Afridi's a shady character who is ignorant (in the sense that, if you ask him how rain happens, he'll probably say Allah is having a bathroom break or something...) But I dont believe that he can be that dumb. Everyone who has tried to tamper the ball so far in international cricket so far has at least tried to make it discreet. This guy didnt even TRY - He took the ball and buried it into the mouth and worse, did it twice as if to say 'If you guys missed it the first time, here's one more chance'. :hmmm: [/Conspiracy theory mode]
I am tempted to buy this. How can a human being be so stupid otherwise?

I for one agree with whoever said 'ball tampering should be allowed to a certain degree'. by a certain degree i don't mean bring a hammer make the ball into a cube. icc should make a list of acceptable foreign substances that can be applied to the ball(bottle caps, zandu balms etc). this will make sure the balance between bat and ball is restored and we will get to see some cracking contests with scores around the 230 range. i think bcci should support this. it will make our bowlers more potent and less ordinary. come to think of it, people already apply saliva to the ball and scratch it with their nails, if that is allowed why not biting? its one reason i believe afridi was let off with a minor punishment. he didn't tamper it with a foreign object.

i think bcci should support this. it will make our bowlers more potent and less ordinary.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You shameless paki troll, you can keep deluding yourself about the Indian bowlers (OUR bowlers, not YOURS) being ordinary, but the extremely bitter reality for you is that they win Tests and have taken us to the no.1 position, all without cheating, unlike your second class, cheating scum bowlers who are so damn pathetic that your cheating disgrace of a team is currently ranked barely two places above Bangladesh.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You shameless paki troll, you can keep deluding yourself about the Indian bowlers (OUR bowlers, not YOURS) being ordinary, but the extremely bitter reality for you is that they win Tests and have taken us to the no.1 position, all without cheating, unlike your second class, cheating scum bowlers who are so damn pathetic that your cheating disgrace of a team is currently ranked barely two places above Bangladesh.
I really think right now Bangladesh is better than pakiss
telugu paki pwned :finger::finger::finger:
^^^What's your verdict on afretard biting the ball?
obviously done on purpose, the agenda of which only he knows 1) If he really wanted to tamper with it in secret he could have used his nails 2) why tamper it himself, why not instruct rana naved the bowler or other players to do it?
obviously done on purpose, the agenda of which only he knows 1) If he really wanted to tamper with it in secret he could have used his nails 2) why tamper it himself, why not instruct rana naved the bowler or other players to do it?
Do you agree with his punishment? Or is it too much?

You know it's real interesting that Pak fans, and Pak players don't talk about everyone tampering with the ball, scratching it with nails and applying other crap to it when they usually mention about how great Akhtar, Wasim, Waqar, Aamer, Asif etc are. It's only when they get caught cheating that they come up with this junk about how everyone does it. What a bunch of nonsense. Anyone who's ever watched bowlers toil on flat pitches with zero movement can say that the bowlers haven't tampered with the ball otherwise suddenly on flat pitches you would have the ball doing strange things. The only time it happens in the subcontinent is when on dry, hard pitches you get reverse swing for a few overs after 50-60 overs. What do these ignorant paki trolls expect us to believe? If it was an Indian bowler then I guarantee none of these paki trolls would be saying that everyone tampers with the ball.

When I first heard this, i thought may be he did that out of frustration, but to my surprise he did just to tamper, that is quite a shocking revelation. And from his admission and pointing fingers at others -- it seems like this is (not quite shockingly) is part of their cricketing culture. As i have said -- the pakis decline in cricket is very clearly linked to the advent of technology and of course neutral umpires -- which has made -- cheating in cricket quite difficult.

I for one agree with whoever said 'ball tampering should be allowed to a certain degree'. by a certain degree i don't mean bring a hammer make the ball into a cube. icc should make a list of acceptable foreign substances that can be applied to the ball(bottle caps' date=' zandu balms etc). this will make sure the balance between bat and ball is restored and we will get to see some cracking contests with scores around the 230 range.[b'] i think bcci should support this. it will make our bowlers more potent and less ordinary. come to think of it, people already apply saliva to the ball and scratch it with their nails, if that is allowed why not biting? its one reason i believe afridi was let off with a minor punishment. he didn't tamper it with a foreign object.
:haha: u legend....very honest padosi
When I first heard this, i thought may be he did that out of frustration, but to my surprise he did just to tamper, that is quite a shocking revelation. And from his admission and pointing fingers at others -- it seems like this is (not quite shockingly) is part of their cricketing culture. As i have said -- the pakis decline in cricket is very clearly linked to the advent of technology and of course neutral umpires -- which has made -- cheating in cricket quite difficult.
What decline really? We won T20 WC last year, made it to semis in Champions Trophy, U19 team made it to the final as always, have usually sucked in Test, and have always been inconsistent in ODIs...nothing much has changed.
What decline really? We won T20 WC last year' date=' made it to semis in Champions Trophy, U19 team made it to the final as always, have usually sucked in Test, and have always been inconsistent in ODIs...nothing much has changed.[/quote'] NZ have already raised doubts about Gul's bowling in some of the matches. Now, this Afridi's act. It raises questions about how pakisani bowlers operate and are able to get r-swing with even a new ball. In fact, Afridi has put entire Pakistani performance in the last 3 decades in serioius doubt. Some people are doubting even Imran Khan and his cohorts in the 1982 series. Afridi has caused more harm to Pakistani reputation more than any other Pakistani barring Asif has ever done.