Badrinath's moment is here

kabira

Nayar is not ready yet. Today India was hardly in a position to quick runs. You are not facing Indian bowlers. Their 5th bowlers is clocking almost 90 mph. Nayar wouldn't have survived past Steyn. His 100 in the warm up game was mostly against spinners as their seamers didn't bowl in that period. Spare a thought. it is his debut test. His team was in trouble. He did what he had to do.
Nayar is not as bad as u think.he has a good defene n can attack too.from what i have read,that warm up game was on a much greener track n he did face hi fare share of quickies.so u cant his 100 like that. i'm not sayiing it was a bad innings.it was a good innings but it could have been better had he tried to put pressure on SA's lesser bowlers.instead he allowed them to bowl wherever they wanted.i think they didnt even care about Badri,all they were focussed on was Sehwag

It was a good knock - the slow scoring was understandable given his debut and the match situation. However, the only time India had South Africa on the backfoot in the match both Sehwag and Badrinath gave it away through soft dismissals. Another 100 runs and India would have been in a decent position to save the test. That is one thing you would expect from someone with limited first class experience making his debut, but he has the reputation of making big scores in domestic cricket. He would really need to translate that into test matches quickly. What the innings has done is assure him of a spot for the next test, though and hopefully he will be more confident, assertive, and carry on to a big one. Didn't look particularly hot against the short ball, but that should not be an issue till we tour South Africa.

Nayar is not as bad as u think.he has a good defene n can attack too.from what i have read,that warm up game was on a much greener track n he did face hi fare share of quickies.so u cant his 100 like that. i'm not sayiing it was a bad innings.it was a good innings but it could have been better had he tried to put pressure on SA's lesser bowlers.instead he allowed them to bowl wherever they wanted.i think they didnt even care about Badri,all they were focussed on was Sehwag
We really don't want another hit and giggle master like Pakistan is getting these days. We need a solid player. Laxman has played so many innings like this without attacking spinners. Give him a chance to settle down at this level. He will definitely blossom. That is one area i am happy about. These guys are not technically inadequate.
We really don't want another hit and giggle master like Pakistan is getting these days. We need a solid player. Laxman has played so many innings like this without attacking spinners. Give him a chance to settle down at this level. He will definitely blossom. That is one area i am happy about. These guys are not technically inadequate.
Dont look too much in IPL,Nayar isnt really hit n giggle kind of cricketer.he is prepared to scrap if needed.there is a reason i mentioned him n not Yusuf:cantstop: Badri played a good innings.my whole point is that i think he isnt the best option at no.6.he has to bat higher which i dont see happening with our full strength lineup
Eventually Badri will take Dravid's spot assuming he continues his form. Yuvraj will continue to get chances at no.6 until he becomes total garbage. That is a given.
Yeah Badri will be best at no.3 or 4.but RD still will play 10 tests more atleast imo. till then Badri can't bat at 6.why not look for new players at 6 n dispose UV forever
yes,but 56 off 138 with match open is still slow.runs were as important as time.i am okay with him playing out Morkel n Steyn but atleast attack Harris.u have to open up once u have seen past the difficult phase.. his game is okay for the situation we were in,but we r not gonna get in similar positions too often.more often our top order gonna score big n we would need a quick scorer in order to enforce the declaration.can he do that?i highly doubt it.
thats what dhoni is for man this was his 1st match and he did good:hatsoff: and yes he has attacking shots too

Good debut for Badri but hardly spectacular. With regard to comparisons with Yuvraj, Yuvraj smashed a scintillating ton when the top order was skittled at Lahore in 2004 in only his third test leading to proclamations of a wonderful test career ahead. We all know where he stands now. Same goes for Badri. Good knock but let's wait and watch.

Good debut for Badri but hardly spectacular. With regard to comparisons with Yuvraj' date=' Yuvraj smashed a scintillating ton when the top order was skittled at Lahore in 2004 in only his third test leading to proclamations of a wonderful test career ahead. We all know where he stands now. Same goes for Badri. Good knock but let's wait and watch.[/quote'] exactly.u summed up what i wanted to say
Even for a newcomer I found him unbelievably ordinary from a standpoint of stroke play. He had no shots to offer and almost seemed too weak to hit the ball hard. The guy has no back lift. I felt like I was watching Kaif.
yep hit the nail on its head! i think maybe he was a bit nervous and couldnt find the gaps more but seriously he made batting look difficult when he was at one end and Viru was belting at the other end..he doesnt have a lot of strokes but at least he should have rotated the strike better..anyway a good debut nevertheless but i dont think he has a lot to offer

no he played well given the situation but i feel that this is the best he can do with his limited stroke play..as i said maybe it was just the nerves and this innings may give him the confidence to play more freely in the 2nd innings but i feel that 58 avg of his in domestic circuit is too bloated and should not be the basis to judge him

Badrinath said Sehwag’s rate of scoring had allowed him time to play himself in, but admitted that he felt the pressure of not squandering an opportunity earned after years of hard work. “All those thoughts were running through my mind,” he said. “But my own experience told me to concentrate on the job ahead. I was digesting the fact that I was playing Test cricket. I was training my mind on what to do, yes there was pressure. But it was exciting.”
http://www.hindu.com/2010/02/09/stories/2010020953641800.htm

He exceeded expectations, that is for sure. He showed a lot of courage and determination and hung in there when the team needed him. I am still a bit unsure about his technique against the moving ball outside off-stump. I am sure at least 4 of his boundaries came off edges through the vacant 3rd slip region. But, that could just be him being a touch nervous and unsure. All in all, a reasonable debut for Badri. But his real test will come sometime tomorrow. If he can replicate the 1st innings success and at least show some fight out there, it could mean good things for us going forward.