Discussing first test at Nagpur between India and SA, 2010

Feed

hmmm cant predict much. If they survive till lunch, we will go on to save the match. If not, then they are already gone. Not much to expect from remaining bunch. Little fight from Badri again. But I feel good about tomorrow. They will fight.
Dude. Tomorrow is day 4

Bugger technique, Boss, How did Sehwag score a ton while the daisys were wilting around him? Thirty four off 38 Steyn deliveries, wasn't it? And that's facing the new ball. People sneered when I said India's renaissance this decade was largely down to Sehwag. After Kandy, Multan, MCG, Mumbai, Chennai comes Nagpur. One man team. The rest feed off him and pretend they could have scored a double or triple on these tracks. Does anybody still doubt that he saved our bacon at Chennai against the South Africans with that outrageous triple the last time around?

Bugger technique, Boss, How did Sehwag score a ton while the daisys were wilting around him? Thirty four off 38 Steyn deliveries, wasn't it? And that's facing the new ball. People sneered when I said India's renaissance this decade was largely down to Sehwag. After Kandy, Multan, MCG, Mumbai, Chennai comes Nagpur. One man team. The rest feed off him and pretend they could have scored a double or triple on these tracks. Does anybody still doubt that he saved our bacon at Chennai against the South Africans with that outrageous triple the last time around?
Add Gambhir too. He had an amazing run until this test.
Sehwag is hardly blameless here. Yeah, he racked up a nice aggressive century. He had the South African bowlers at their mercy. Should have batted the entire day from thereon. A swipe to sweeper cover? Even in IPL that shot would have been frowned upon. Another 100 runs for India, follow on averted, draw the favorite. And then again in the second innings when he seemed completely oblivious to the methods which had brought him runs earlier in the morning. If anything this match showed what the presence of Dravid and Laxman has meant to the side over the years.
Sehwag is hardly blameless here. Yeah, he racked up a nice aggressive century. He had the South African bowlers at their mercy. Should have batted the entire day from thereon. A swipe to sweeper cover? Even in IPL that shot would have been frowned upon. Another 100 runs for India, follow on averted, draw the favorite. And then again in the second innings when he seemed completely oblivious to the methods which had brought him runs earlier in the morning. If anything this match showed what the presence of Dravid and Laxman has meant to the side over the years.
But that is how he batted when he scored his 294, 309 & 319. He took a lot more risks on his way to 294. He reverse swept Murali many times in that innings. On the flip side though, had he survived, he would have waltzed his way to another 250+ score & the only burning question at the end of the day would have been "Will Sehwag get to his 400 this time ?" as opposed to "Can we save this test match ?" I think questions on sanity of shot making apply only to sane batsmen like a Dravid or a Tendulkar. Veeru is insane (i mean that in a complementary tone) and should not be judged by conventional wisdom of batsmanship.
But that is how he batted when he scored his 294, 309 & 319. He took a lot more risks on his way to 294. He reverse swept Murali many times in that innings. On the flip side though, had he survived, he would have waltzed his way to another 250+ score & the only burning question at the end of the day would have been "Will Sehwag get to his 400 this time ?" as opposed to "Can we save this test match ?" I think questions on sanity of shot making apply only to sane batsmen like a Dravid or a Tendulkar. Veeru is insane (i mean that in a complementary tone) and should not be judged by conventional wisdom of batsmanship.
But yesterday, he played much more cautiously aware of the fact that three wickets were down and there was no Laxman, Ganguly, or Yuvraj to come. Even at the start of the innings he was defending a lot and defending very well. He hardly played those kind of risky and spectacular shots - a lot of percentage game. In that context the stroke he got out to was really disappointing. It's all well and good to say it's Sehwag. That Sehwag had Laxman, Dravid, Tendulkar, and Ganguly to follow and even if he got out playing some daft stroke the others did cover for him. This Sehwag is batting in a different line up and it wasn't that he was not aware of it, but just had a brain implosion. This innings was more like his 150 at Adelaide if anything.

Sehwag's Proposition no 2

Murli and Sachin Bhai are looking good and you will see one of the best century from both of them.
:bhangra: Hope it can come through.........Vijay and God looked really good out there. Hopefully a century from both will do us good.

Sachin will make 250, Murali will make 200 And then you will alarm will ring and you will wake up to see Star News "khaas report: dakshin afrikaaa ke haathon pari our 180 run ke shikhast ke liye kaun zimidaar? Kaun hai mujrim? Kya kaptaan Dhoni match ke pehle advertising shoot pe zyada dhyaan dere the?..."