Captain - King Raina

zubinpepsi

so wat do u make out of him?? I thought he did really well.. shuffled the bowlers right from the start.. he made just one mistake.... for not letting balaji to finish his quota.. He was the most economical bowler today and its a shame he bowled only 3overs. apart from that Raina boy was awesome.. Greg C was afterall correct in his assessment of Raina.. what do you guys think?

Doubters come n doubters go...but Raina is going to be the leading Indian batsman in 3 years time :yay:aincy Reagrding his captaincy, today's performance apart, I really don't rate him very highly..it could change though if continues in this manner. Also, as someone mentioned in the other thread..I don't think Chappell commented anyhting regarding Raina's being captaincy material. IIRC he said that about Karthik.

But Hayden would have made any captain look good.
Well captaincy is judged mostly when a team bowls. Moreover all the comments were based on his captaincy when CSK were fielding. There is nothing that needs needs a captain's decision while batting..maybe the batting order but I suspect even that is seen to by the coach in IPL.

Raina captained well but it is too early .. I would say Gauti to be a much better captain as of now as he has proved himself repeatedly .. cannot judge from a single match .. he has never captained in domestic too I suppose and so too early to make any conclusions ... the one thing I liked about him was that he batted well even while being captain which most cricketers miss out once being made captain

Raina captained well but it is too early .. I would say Gauti to be a much better captain as of now as he has proved himself repeatedly .. cannot judge from a single match .. he has never captained in domestic too I suppose and so too early to make any conclusions ... the one thing I liked about him was that he batted well even while being captain which most cricketers miss out once being made captain
I don't agree. Gauti is a great batsman but captain, not so much. Raina seems like a very very very very very good prospect after Dhoni if there is a chance. He should be given more and more chances to captain but I don't see that happening as long as Viru is in the groove :eyedance:

I don't agree. Gauti is a great batsman but captain, not so much. Raina seems like a very very very very very good prospect after Dhoni if there is a chance. He should be given more and more chances to captain but I don't see that happening as long as Viru is in the groove :eyedance:
The only thing I dont like about Gauti is that he is sometimes too defensive .. but overall Gauti is a good captain who is a thinking captain.. Veeru's problem is that he is too much attacking and does not utilize his mind much .. Raina was a mixture of both and his captaincy reflected a bit of Dhoni's strategies .. but again you cannot judge anyone from the first match

The only thing I dont like about Gauti is that he is sometimes too defensive .. but overall Gauti is a good captain who is a thinking captain.. Veeru's problem is that he is too much attacking and does not utilize his mind much .. Raina was a mixture of both and his captaincy reflected a bit of Dhoni's strategies .. but again you cannot judge anyone from the first match
Viru's problem is brainfarts even while captaining :hysterical: Remember he bowled 20th over and lost a match. Then once he gave Sohaib Malik 20th over.Over-distribution is the key aspect in T20. You should know which player plays which kind of bowling well. Look how Kumble made Yousuf's life difficult with pacers in the middle overs.

Raina is an amazing playa!!!! A Matchwinner!! Though I want him to be selfish and promote himself up the order.. For some reason, Raina never gets chance to play too many balls and those blind critics full of hate spill out ***** against Raina that he doesnt score many runs...

and I laugh at ppl suggesting Badri over him. Raina is made for T20's...Whereas, Badri barely fits in the T20 scheme. Captaining TN in ranji against domestic teams in longer version of game is not the same as captaining international standard teams of IPL.