Blast outside bangalore stadium before IPL match !| Semis Moved to New Bombay

meloveindia

Highly unlikely that it was a terror incident. Probably some local gang trying to set off a panic and create a chaos.
The bombs had timers and used ammonium nitrate - very similar to ones used in 2008 Bangalore blasts. Seems to be a terror attack to me. Either way it is a must to catch the culprits, something which has not happened in the case of the Pune blast 2 months ago even though the terrorists have been identified.

Its defineltly a dry run of sorts. I distinctly remeber that just a few days before the Pune blast some explosives were found in Kolkata station. These IM pigs have surely been blunted off late but not completly crushed and they must be under immense preassure from TSP(Terrorist state of pak) to execute something. Hockey World Cup, IPL and CWG 2010 were always targets and since hockey WC and CWG are localised in a city and of much lesser duration and crowd pull capacitythen IPL becomes the obvious targets, we need to ensure that the rest of the matches go off the calender without even a small hitch.

The bombs had timers and used ammonium nitrate - very similar to ones used in 2008 Bangalore blasts. Seems to be a terror attack to me. Either way it is a must to catch the culprits' date= something which has not happened in the case of the Pune blast 2 months ago even though the terrorists have been identified.
I do not know who/what your source is, but if that is true, then I stand corrected. And of course, there's nothing to even debate over the 2nd half of your post.

I do not know who/what your source is' date=' but if that is true, then I stand corrected. [/quote']http://news.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/apr/17/slide-show-1-twin-blasts-near-ipl-stadium-rock-bangalore.htm Ammonium nitrate was used and the bombs were timed to go off at 4.30 and 8pm coinciding with the entry and exit times of the crowd in the stadium. What is shocking is that 4 bombs were planted (2 exploded, 2 were defused) near the stadium entrances despite the supposed police cover. Some very serious lapse has occured ..

i remember I was at the stadium to watch an international match .... Cops were the biggest blacker at the scene and u can see them giving entry at 500 Rs w/o ticket (thats why are stadium are over packed) ... these phackers are do a different duty out there..
:sherlock::bigboss:

Another bomb was diffused outside the stadium which was to explode at 8pm. and today there was another bomb found on a street in bangalore Thankfully nothing happened and I would praise the police for dealing with the 2 bombs successfully after the initial blast. But the bigger question is, this may happen again and next time it could be a higher intensity bomb. And hopefully, our masala india news stop blaming the police for everything and criticize our police as this would only increase the fear when the media itself should send a positive signal to society not a signal of constant danger..

More explosives found near the stadium as per news channels .. but there was no detonator in the explosive this time they say and so it might not be exactly a bomb but explosive only .. but how the feck are these explosives coming near the stadium .. what were the Bangalore police doing .. Bangalore police has said that there would no more matches in Bangalore till they give clearance and the stadium and the nearby places are sanitised

Breaking News Lalit Modi, the IPL Commissioner, has just said that the semi-finals have been moved out of Bangalore to the DY Patil Stadium in the outskirts of Mumbai, after what happened in Bangalore yesterday. "We don't want to take any chances. We want to ensure the safety of our players and spectators alike," Modi said. from Cricinfo

What about all the people who have booked the tickets for the semi final in Bangalore? What about people who have made plans to travel to Bangalore for the semis? Flight / train tickets refunded?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yeah, Indian Railways and Indian Airlines(read, taxpayers) should pay from their pockets if Modi decides to shift IPL match venues!