Who should be the captains of the IPL teams next year?

ViruRulez

Next year many players/captains might retire. Especially players like Gilly, Warne and Kumble. So, who do you think should be handed over the captaincy by these greats if they retire? And also keeping in mind that either Indian or retired intl. captains are suitable as they can play the whole season. My choices for teams: MI and CSK - no question of replacement as both are sure to stay KKR - :dontknow: (frankly I dont want Dada to remain but dont see any good replacements either.. maybe from new players bought in next years auctions) DD - maybe Gauti has to continue as I dont see any good replacements there too .. KKD, Gauti and Veeru all have been tried and all of them are good but not great .. Vettori is a good captain but he wont be there in the whole season for most IPLs and so would not make it DC - if Gilly retires, he is planning to give reigns to Rohit Sharma but not sure if that is a good decision RR - if Warne retires, he plans to give reigns to YP but not sure about him too BRC - if Kumble retires, he plans to give reigns to Kohli I suppose but not sure if that would be right ... I personally might have given Uthappa a try KXIP - I feel that Mahila might be a good captain .. Lankans always play the whole IPL and so that should not be a problem .. the reason I say Mahela is because he is the coolest person I see in KXIP and he is very cool headed with no attitude or ego problem at all .. and he has successfully led SL in the past and so he also has experience What are your thoughts and who are your candidates?

Sachin for Cochin! :vroam:
Sahara was also saying about Sachin for their IPL team .. but he will stay with MI dont worry .. they can leave another ten good players but wont leave Sachin :winky: BTW good reminder Who should be the two new captains for the two new teams? But I did not add them as we dont even know who would be the players whom they would bid .. but maybe they will bid keeping in mind the captain like CSK did for Dhoni

Guest Hiten.
Just because sachin name rhymes with Cochin you can't ask him to play for cochin :hysterical:
Dude, cochin has been favorite hunting ground for SRT :--D And SachDan, team mil gayi toh apni niyat dikha di :finger: