Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

(Upto 36th over: )Since lunch' date=' Sehwag's faced 16 deliveries and scored 5 runs, whereas Dravid's faced 20 deliveries and scored 3 runs. Yeah, he's scoring slower, but that stat just shows you that its not exactly easy out there. Relax.[/quote'] But thats not what matters. What mattes is that Dravid sucks and players like mangal pandey, chintu pujara bat at better strike rate then viru and can replace but the players easily who are out in the middle rite now..
(Upto 36th over: )Since lunch' date=' Sehwag's faced 16 deliveries and scored 5 runs, whereas Dravid's faced 20 deliveries and scored 3 runs. Yeah, he's scoring slower, but that stat just shows you that its not exactly easy out there. Relax.[/quote'] Sehwag - SR - 92 Dravid - 18 You must be kidding bro... Even after discounting Sehwag's Sehwagness, that's nothin short of insipid batting on a First day track... against a toothless attack... this Dravd vs SA bowling attack in South Afrcia = :hysterical:
Why should I be bothered about Ponting? He is not relevant here. Although for sake of discussion, Ponting has clung on because he is the captain and still among the better bats for Australia, more like Aus not having choices to replace him. It's not error. I took from a different date. Thanks for the input anyways. Yes, I do agree SA series started his downfall. I thought Bang series would be kind of a turnaround. Seems like he flattered to decieve. Good lord the torture continues still..
I quoted you when you said no other world beating team persisting a no 3 batsman with this kind of record :finger: Now I'm not sure whats your definition of world beating team :headshake:

One thing is for sure, the selectors certainly won't drop him. I mean if he continues his absolutely horrendous form which he showed in 2007 and 2008, then it's a different case. But if he keeps scoring at an average of even 38-40 odd, they won't drop him unless he himself decides to quit. Which is why I want him to pick a tour and gracefully retire after that.

I quoted you when you said no other world beating team persisting a no 3 batsman with this kind of record :finger: Now I'm not sure whats your definition of world beating team :headshake:
Are you serious? Ever bothered to check where Australia was and where they are now? FYI they were no.1 when Ponting's troubles started, now they're no.5... in a matter of 2 years...
ya you want to fill the whole team for the south africa tour with youngsters.. fill it then. Pujara, Vijay all of them bring it. Drop Gambhir also.. Take pujara and vijay and win the series in south africa.. Dravid is the still a must wanted player in any team in test cricket. And in South Africa he would be the most key player. Yes he hasn't been great as he was, he has had some decline, but then he still good enough to be on team. He has had his fair share of unlucky decisions too. And I will repeat it, we would need him in South Africa.
how many series we have won with Dravid since 1996 we have toured quite a few times there...last time was the best chance and we still could not do it and this will be a huge task for us to win this time too where Dravid plays or not

i cant believe pathan brothers are playing ranji and not called up to replace dravid in test cricket. So what its a form of game which is supposed to be played over a period of 5 days i want it over by tea on day one. Not only should dravid go but we should also throw out dhoni / gary for putting him in playing xi and srikanth for selecting him in first place

What's even more hilarious is how some people over Rediff are justifying his slow scoring. According to them, he is consolidating the innings. Anyone who points out the obvious is accused of not understanding Test cricket and is advised to stick with T20's :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: