Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

I do the same. I never straighten the arm as that's basically the point where all the buildup gets released. Same with dumbells' date=' I hardly ever go full motion.[/quote'] Wrong, full range of motion is the most important aspect for muscle development. I always advise newbies to have full range of motion. You don't have full range of motion when you do 21s for biceps as it has two 7s of half range of motion and one 7 of full range of motion. FROM is important to give muscles a good stretch. It puts pressure on whole muscle.

Wrong' date=' full range of motion is the most important aspect for muscle development. I always advise newbies to have full range of motion. You don't have full range of motion when you do 21s for biceps as it has two 7s of half range of motion and one 7 of full range of motion. FROM is important to give muscles a good stretch. It puts pressure on whole muscle.[/quote'] Don't know if I have been going wrong, but 9/10 times, I don't straighten my elbow to 180 degrees, and go about 95% with my movements because it helps keep the muscle stay strained for a lot longer. It's still pretty much full range of motion (nearly), but that little restriction doesn't give muscles as much breathing space, and I like it.

I rarely do pushups. NOw i am doing it regularly every day. It gives me a good feeling..
I LOVE pushups. Today, in our strength training class, I did my very first deadlift. It is not gentle on my lower back :( That along with the kettlebell swings, and pushups and hammer curls, I was almost blacking out at one point :giggle: :embarassed:

Just finished Insanity Max 30 Cardio. Went 28 minutes without a break maintaining a good form. It was my second attempt at this, first one lasted 7 minutes before I maxed out. I'll do it 3rd day in a row tomorrow and nail it to the end. :yess:

What is your motivational song for work out. FOr very long time this was mine.
I seriously don't know how so many people listen to music while working out..Wish I could do that as well... I have this phobia that the weights might get tangled with the headphone wires and will fall right on me:giggle: Also isn't it very uncomfortable to workout with headphones and wires around you on topic, I would definitely pick Eye of the Tiger if I have to choose one for my workout..

I seriously don't know how so many people listen to music while working out..Wish I could do that as well... I have this phobia that the weights might get tangled with the headphone wires and will fall right on me:giggle: Also isn't it very uncomfortable to workout with headphones and wires around you on topic, I would definitely pick Eye of the Tiger if I have to choose one for my workout..
No. Not headphone. Speakers. You can't wear headphones during lifting. Infact i rarely do that. First reason i sweat profusely. The bud will get wet and be annoying.

Good time to bump this thread. Hopefully others can also get motivated.

Lots of running and core workouts have started for me. Not doing too many weights at this time barring some shoulder ones, to fix my rotator cuff.

This is feeling awesome already.  Get on the ship guys. Start working out. 

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Joined the gym last Saturday after 2-1/2 months of break. Goals is to lose 5-7 kg in the next 2 months.

Easily possible. Just lost 10 pounds which i gained over winter. Planning to lose more after some dedicated work out. 

I am starting burpees tomorrow.