With just 5 ODIs to go, what will be India's WC squad?

At this point, my preferred 15 are below: Batsmen: Tendulkar, Sehwag, GG, Raina, Yuvi, Kohli WK/Batsman who can keep: Dhoni, Uthappa Pacers: Zak, Nehra, Ishant, Praveen Spinners: Bhajji, Ashwin 15th spot: Ojha/Munaf/Irfan
Ishant in ODIs = :facepalm: And spinners - Ashwin instead of Ojha?

I am not sure why we are playing so many test cricket when WC is like 4 months away. I rather have 5-7 odi series instead of inserting test matches. Focus should be on ODI now ... test is great and all (BORING NOT TO SAY) but WC is very near and any test match should be played after the WC ... anyways thats just my own personal opinion

In light of the fact that India is still trying out a few players to find that right combination for the World Cup, I think the original 7 ODI series against the #1 ODI side in Indian conditions would have been helpful for many reasons : experimentation and valuable experience against a top notch team. It may have been boring at times from the fan's perspective but the new comers would've gained some valuable experience against the Aussies. Now the only series left at home is against the Black Caps who aren't exactly at the top of their game at the moment, so there's limited time unless ofcourse the BCCI order either the WI or the SL to come and play a series just before the WC. P.S the test series was quite exciting nonetheless but looking wrt preparation for the WC

I'll also add Ashwin in the squad for 15 for a couple of reasons: 1. attacking spin option 2. lots of variety 3. the other teams havent played against him much and thus could be used as the surprise element 4. he's no mug with the bat either He needs some experience though and should play in the upcoming series

My Indian line-up for 2011 Cricket World Cup Hello guys, we have got world cup coming up in 3 months in subcontinent and India has got 10 ODIs left to play before the big tournament. 5 against New Zealand at home and 5 against South Africa away so they will surely be lots of experiments and changes in Indian line up in them matches but for the world cup we will need balance side who will be capable of playing well as a whol team. This is my purposed line up for the world cup: Sehwag Tendulkar Gambhir Raina Yuvraj/Kohli Dhoni Irfan/Yusuf Pathan Harbhajan/Ashwin Zaheer Nehra/Praveen Kumar/Munaf Patel Munaf Patel/Ashwin So basically this is my line up that I would like to see (but it's not going to happen obviously :winky:) If Irfan is playing then it should be Irfan+2 pace bowlers+2 spinners and if Yusuf is playing then it should be Yusuf+3 pace bowlers+1 spinner This would also be my 15 man squad for the world cup. Your purposed line-up please?

This should be the batting line up SRT Sehwag Gambhir Dhoni Raina Dravid/Yuvraj/Kohli Irfan/Jaddu/Uthappa Bhajji Ashwin/Ojha I hope they let Dravid bat at 6-7,He can play the role gurusinghe played in the 1996 worldcup as a sheet anchor in case there was a collapse,we definitely need someone who can bat with the tail...Hell I wouldn't mind even if the give Laxman another chance and put him in 6-7 to play with the tail and the top order can go all guns blazing. Zaheer Ishant

The obsession with the overrated Irfan Pathan. This guy should never be allowed any where close to the Indian team till he improves on his bowling and he does not even think there is anything wrong with his bowling and always try to play the victim going by numerous interviews of his. And plus I think he is not even fit enough to appear for any domestic matches as of yet for starters. If India has this guy anywhere on their radars for WC they might as well mail it in and spare the fans of the humiliation.

The obsession with the overrated Irfan Pathan. This guy should never be allowed any where close to the Indian team till he improves on his bowling and he does not even think there is anything wrong with his bowling and always try to play the victim going by numerous interviews of his. And plus I think he is not even fit enough to appear for any domestic matches as of yet for starters. If India has this guy anywhere on their radars for WC they might as well mail it in and spare the fans of the humiliation.
Can you name players who you think are a better choice than him?
Need to think on who will fit the bill for the Team. But Pathan surely is not the answer as I explained the reasons earlier and Kirsten am glad sees it that way too. A smart guy who knows the players well.
Now lets see we need a decent allrounder...Irfan's bowling is miles better than his brother,Jaddu,well Ashwin not so sure Batting Jaddu is defintely better(I'm gonna get killed for this) but Irfan is definitely better than his bro and Ashwin in this department. Uthappa as a pure number 7 is a waste bcoz we already have a good top 6 Now since I have given possible names,let me know your opinion