With just 5 ODIs to go, what will be India's WC squad?

These are the numbers for our pacers at home for the past 2 years ZAK: 5 matches 7 wickets at 40 Nehra: 16 matches 19 wickets at 44 PK: 11 matches 8 wickets at 61.5 Sree: 5 matches 11 wickets at 23.58 Munaf: 4 matches 2 wickets at 79.50
:omg:,what's his economy

If Kohli continues in this form then he needs serious consideration for the playing 11 in the world cup(even when the regulars come back).However his inclusion will mean upsetting our tried and trusted bowling attack with 3 seamers,2 spinners combo.We almost never play without 3 fast bowlers ,this means that we might have to pick one spinner in bhajji and hope the part timers in yuvi,viru and raina can bowl 10 overs.its certainly possible but something we have rarely done.

Gauti, Viru, Sachin, Kohli, Yuvi, Mahi, Raina, Harbajji, Nehra, Zaheer, Ishant/Ashwin/Ojha. This is a good line up. Viru, Yuvi, Raina have to fill in 5th bowler quota. I also subscribe to 3 seamer theory as we have far too many part time spinners but not many spinners. If only Irfan can bowl decently this line up would have been unbeatable.

Gauti, Viru, Sachin, Kohli, Yuvi, Mahi, Raina, Harbajji, Nehra, Zaheer, Ishant/Ashwin/Ojha. This is a good line up. Viru, Yuvi, Raina have to fill in 5th bowler quota. I also subscribe to 3 seamer theory as we have far too many part time spinners but not many spinners. If only Irfan can bowl decently this line up would have been unbeatable.
It is unbeatable, never mind how well Irfan performs. And Ashwin, though is no Irfan, can slog a few runs down the order. And a big no to 3 seamers, 99% it's likely to backfire.
It is unbeatable' date=' never mind how well Irfan performs. And Ashwin, though is no Irfan, can slog a few runs down the order. And a big no to 3 seamers, 99% it's likely to backfire.[/quote'] The reason we look for 3rd seamer is because we lack one of those dibbly dobbly seamer like Ganguly, Robin Singh. All our part timers are spinners. Nobody is capable of bowling medium pace. Packing the side with 2 regular spinner and 5th bowling quota being filled by a part time spinners is recipe for disaster.
Sachin Sehwag Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Bhajji Zak Nehra Sreesanth and the remaining 4 players in the squad: dinesh karthik Ojha/Ashwin Pravin Kumar Irfan Pathan.
:dito: I might probably opt for PK instead of one of Sreesanth/Nehra though. Ojha would also be in contention depending on the pitch conditions. Irfan would not be in my final 15. If he is in the final 15 then he would be in the final 11 too as he is best fit for the allrounder spot but I dont see him making it to the team without playing domestic cricket. He has to earn his position as no.7 or even into the final 15 squad and he cannot be handed the spot on a platter.
:dito: I might probably opt for PK instead of one of Sreesanth/Nehra though. Ojha would also be in contention depending on the pitch conditions. Irfan would not be in my final 15. If he is in the final 15 then he would be in the final 11 too as he is best fit for the allrounder spot but I dont see him making it to the team without playing domestic cricket. He has to earn his position as no.7 or even into the final 15 squad and he cannot be handed the spot on a platter.
sachin sehwag gambhir dhoni UV virat yusuf zak praveen ashwin bhajji raina sreesanth saurabh and nehra

ll Indian team for the 2011 world cup ll 04/12/2010 ll The following will now pick themselves for the world cup 1. Dhoni – Captain & WK 2. Tendulkar – Opener 3. Sehwag – Opener 4. Gambhir – No.3 5. Zaheer – First fast bowler 6. Yuvraj – No.4 7. Raina – No.5 8. Kohli – No.6 9. Harbhajan – First spinner Top contenders for 2nd & 3rd seamers (2 slots) 1. Sreesanth? 2. Munaf Patel Top contenders for Reserve Seamer (1 slot) 1. Praveen Kumar 2. Nehra? Top contenders for reserve spinner (1 slot) 1. Ojha? 2. Ashwin Top contenders for reserve batsman (1 slot) 1. S.Tiwary 2. R.Sharma Top contenders for all rounder (1 slot) 1. R. Jadeja 2. Y. Pathan 3. I. Pathan?

The 15 man squad should be; 1) Sehwag 2) Tendulkar 3) Gambhir 4) Kohli 5) Dhoni 6) Yuvraj 7) Raina 8) Bhajji 9) Zaheer 10) Praveen 11) Nehra 12) Reserve batsman = Rohit or Vijay. Toss of a coin who gets it. 13) Reserve pacer = Sreesanth or Munaf or Ishant. Sreesanth for me. 14) Reserve spinner = Ashwin 15) Reserve all rounder = Yusuf Pathan

1. RajivAndy ( Sehwag) 2. Bossbhai (Sachin) 3.Predator (Gambhir) 4.Cricketics (Kohli) 5.Kool Jatt (Yuvraj) 6.Shane (Dhoni) 7.Spectre(Raina) 8.King Tendulkar(Harbhajan) 9.Maris_mania 10.Andy Rajiv 11.Desi cartman Phsiyo: Fineleg Coach: Ludhanvi
Correction, Just because i Watch India Bat only for Sehwag:two_thumbs_up: