Zaheer a doubtful starter for 1st test?

saneindian

^ While Chahar did good, there was assistance from wicket and more importantly the Hyderabad batsmen were looking like buffoons against pace and swing. Some of our domestic batsmen are utterly clueless. The SAffers will eat such rookies alive. So, no comparison. Let Chahar play domestic and A-tours for a couple of years.

From what Ive seen all Yadav can do is occasionally bowl fast. So I guess he is like VRV Singh part 2. I can see him undoing all of Ishant and sreesanths hard work if he is picked. From what I read about Unadkat he can swing the ball both ways and has good control of the seam. But he's never come close to facing a batting line up like south africa and has played only 8 first class matches. I would go with Unadkat. yadav seems the safer option but unadkat is more likely to pick up wickets and is a lefty to go along with Ishant and sreesanth. Plus overcast condition are expected on the first day so that would play into Unadkat hands. But then again they might just go with Ojha, spinners have done well in centurion i think, in the last two test matches their Shakib, swann and harris took 5fers. So if theirs cloud cover and the theirs some grass on the pitch Unadkat will play. if not then Ojha will probably play. But lets just hope that zaheer khan gets fit.

ZLSypLAPZ40&feature=related Someone please call up Deepak Chahar and get him on the next flight to SAF.
kya inswing hei boss I wonder if it's because of the wind or the seam position. :hmmm: This kind of swing can only come with experience. This is insane stuff, he can kick some asss at this rate

Zak and his injury woes. BTW whenever we have had Zak injured on an abroad tour we have had a great replacement for him. In 2003 when Zak got injured it was Irfan who stepped up big time. Though for a brief period but he did well. Then again in 2007 in Australia, I think after the first test at MCG Zak got injured and Ishant came in at his place at SCG and he did wonders there. Though I would hope that Zak recovers,coz he's the only answer we have to Steyn and Morkel. But I dont understand why did the selectors ask him to play a meaningless ODI?

Someone please call up Deepak Chahar and get him on the next flight to SAF.
wow...banana in-swing and out-swing? Now that's pretty amazing. Don't waste him in meaningless ODIs and IPL T20. Drag him in Test team quickly. Looks tall and seems to have good pace with swing. Someone ideal for Test. Can someone post his domestic stats?
Does anyone know what kind of a season is RP singh having ?
5 matches, 18 wickets in Ranji trophy..Is slowly getting his rhythm back. Started the season with a pace of 127-128 kmph, last few matches, has been hitting 133-134 kmph consistently and occassionaly getting it up to 137-138. Still has his banana swing and the in dipper that he used to bowl. But he is not fit for international cricket yet. Needs to lose some weight and improve his movements on the field. With some more conditining and playing some more domestic matches, getting overs under his belt, hopefully he will keep improving and will be a better bowler by the end of the season.
5 matches, 18 wickets in Ranji trophy..Is slowly getting his rhythm back. Started the season with a pace of 127-128 kmph, last few matches, has been hitting 133-134 kmph consistently and occassionaly getting it up to 137-138. Still has his banana swing and the in dipper that he used to bowl. But he is not fit for international cricket yet. Needs to lose some weight and improve his movements on the field. With some more conditining and playing some more domestic matches, getting overs under his belt, hopefully he will keep improving and will be a better bowler by the end of the season.
so what really happened to RP , was he injured ?
so what really happened to RP ' date=' was he injured ?[/quote'] Yep , before the CB series in 2008, he suffered a hamstring injury and then a back injury post IPL. Has been struggling for fitness ever since. part of the blame goes to him too, has not spent enough time at NCA in rehab and training post his injuries.