Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

So, you want someone to support a club whose matches they cannot even watch on TV and they cannot discuss about the team with anyone around them (just imagine supporting Bury FC in India - will you get even 1 person with whom you can talk about the team). I support Bury FC but I cannot watch the matches on TV, cannot talk to anyone about the team or the players etc, if I want to buy some team merchandise then I most certainly won't get it in my country - thats one hell of a support for a team :hehe:
wow. so like i was saying: u aren't interested in the football at all. u just want something to talk about with your other glory hunting friends, while wearing your cheap merchandise. u havent got a clue what support is. in any case, forget bury. why not support west brom or someone like that. oh, let me guess. because they havent got west brom merchandise being sold in india. what a joke. u are just a gloryhunter. real support for a team is independent of the chit chat at bars and all the other bullshit u wanna do.
Most of the football fans I know have been supporting their teams since they were 12-13 (same with me). As for this support being a FAD, you cannot be more wrong - many of the people I know, have over the last few years, completely lost interest in many things (including their PASSIONS like cricket or music etc) but it seems that the support for football has been continuously increasing.
whatever man. u just said in your last comment that u want to support a team u can 'discuss with ur phrendz' about. its a fad for u, nothing else. u dont know what passion is either, dont pass this off as one. u dont suddenly lose interest in something you are 'passionate' about.
Its like this - suppose I live in an Indian city which has absolutely no connection with any IPL team or any cricketer and I will never ever get to watch the IPL matches in a stadium - how is it different from supporting ManUtd or Chelsea apart from the fact that these IPL team are based in my country.
errm the fact that u are INDIAN, supporting an INDIAN team, that plays in INDIA, in an INDIAN LEAGUE, whose players are mostly INDIAN? why dont u go support some team in the indian football league??

NFL, a pussy sport. LOL! I guess you call the Gladiators who wore helmets and armors also as pussies. :hehe:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4lfmtXjjg]YouTube - some of the best rugby union and league tries,hit,higlights this is rugby[/ame] This sport does worse, without a inch of protection for the players. :finger: I respect NFL as a sport, but not with all the protection they wear for some "really tough guys" :giggle:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4lfmtXjjg]YouTube - some of the best rugby union and league tries' date='hit,higlights this is rugby[/url'] This sport does worse, without a inch of protection for the players. :finger: I respect NFL as a sport, but not with all the protection they wear for some "really tough guys" :giggle:
Helmet is there to protect them from getting permanent brain damage. How dumb? :giggle: Anyways, for your viewing pleasure: :winky: 6dTou4QbsBE&feature=related

Helmet is there to protect them from getting permanent brain damage. How dumb? :giggle: You see theres rules as well, you cant target any part above the shoulder, its not brainless tekken game out there. I like the NFL in terms of tactics and plays, but when it comes to individual skills and abilities, Rugby League/Union kick ass.

if someone wants to get into nfl, they should start with playing madden, thats how i got into it. but honestly, its unbearable to watch, to many commercial breaks. of the 3h coverage of a game there is only about 11 minutes of actual play. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html the sport i enjoy most watching is basketball or a deciding game in football, like wc, ec or champions league.

the sport i enjoy most watching is basketball or a deciding game in football, like wc, ec or champions league.
:two_thumbs_up: Americans are way too deep in their world of NFL. I know lot of americans, but they all think NFL is a godsend in sports when they are other sports similar to it and who do it tougher. But NBA and EPL the best B-> NBA is a perfect sport of all types of players can play, whether big or small, and strong or weak, you can still play the game succesfully. It incorporates all the tactics and plays which makes it a beautiful game. :icflove:

Helmet is there to protect them from getting permanent brain damage. How dumb? :giggle: You see theres rules as well, you cant target any part above the shoulder, its not brainless tekken game out there. I like the NFL in terms of tactics and plays, but when it comes to individual skills and abilities, Rugby League/Union kick ass.
wrong.no forward pass makes it the complete opposite of a skill game.I enjoy watching some rugby but it does not compare to football at all.

:two_thumbs_up: Americans are way too deep in their world of NFL. I know lot of americans, but they all think NFL is a godsend in sports when they are other sports similar to it and who do it tougher. But NBA and EPL the best B-> NBA is a perfect sport of all types of players can play, whether big or small, and strong or weak, you can still play the game succesfully. It incorporates all the tactics and plays which makes it a beautiful game. :icflove:
I wonder how many people watched jazz play heat on the super bowl day yesterday. The stats woiuld definately show the people would have skipped this game and watched the footy instead.