Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Varun aaron-fastest bowler in the world right now People may think this statement a bit exagerated, but after more than 2 weeks of this world cup. Genuine pacers like tait, lee, steyn, morkal, akhtar, malinga, and roch have bowled and the fastest delivery bowled till now is 151 kph by kemar roach

Varun aaron bowled 153mkph fastest and he looked consisitently pacier than even shaun tait and the carry he got when keeper standing so far behind. after seeing him bowling in vijay hazaare final, i must say he is the fastest bowler right now.

People may think this statement a bit exagerated' date=' but after more than 2 weeks of this world cup. Genuine pacers like tait, lee, steyn, morkal, akhtar, malinga, and roch have bowled and the fastest delivery bowled till now is 151 kph by kemar roach[/quote'] i understand you are excited about the fact that he has nearly touched 154 where others have not, but on the other hand, i'm as excited to see him bowl BUT keeping my thoughts on the ground i feel only 1 delivery crossed 150, so you never know how that happened, we can call it certain if we have atleast 3-5 deliveries crossing 150 to say that he can actually break that barrier on indian pitches when he wants, untill then i HOPE he crosses that 150+ some more times B->B->or else i would feel its to do with the SPEED GUN :(

I have seen him bowling to ganguly who had no clue against him and it was all visible in final if he was that quick or not...He was certainly quicker than expected..And i dont think speed guns were faulty...If i compare his pace to the pacres in wc

Dear D******d Indian Coaches, Please allow this kid to bowl his natural way. Dont mess with his action,runup etc. Dont make him another 120kph line and length garbage trundler. Dont compromise on his pace.Let him be and line-length will follow suit with experience.You have done enough harm to Indian cricket by moulding good fast bowling talent into :facepalm:. Thanks to your B.S training India doesn't have a single 140+ quick. Not one to represent 1.2 billion people. Thanking you in anticipation, Yours Sincerely Concerned Indian Cricket Fan

Thanks for sharing the Video!! few things that I noticed: His bowling action is suited for generating good pace , also liked the position of non-bowling arm which suggests that he would be a fairly accurate bowler. Ishant also bowled a few 152+ deliveries in australia tour, but this guy looks stronger and has better action than ishant, so I think we can expect better things from him. Hope that he will do well in IPL-4.

I think we have caught this padosi obsession of pace. Yes, if they were No.1 team in the world dominating all forms of the game, it made sense. But that is not the case. This bowlers's action has lot going for it. He bowls closers to the stumps. He has a decent run up. But I don't care if he bowl 155, if he sprays the ball all over. I am happy with 135-140 if that helps him to control his line and length.

I think we have caught this padosi obsession of pace. Yes, if they were No.1 team in the world dominating all forms of the game, it made sense. But that is not the case. This bowlers's action has lot going for it. He bowls closers to the stumps. He has a decent run up. But I don't care if he bowl 155, if he sprays the ball all over. I am happy with 135-140 if that helps him to control his line and length.
Its not about Padosis..Look at Australia they were no. 1 for so long because they had all aspect covered in their team good batting, fast bowling, spin bowling, fielding...they were dominant because they played very less draws and used to win a lot of games and to win even in flat conditions you need good fast bowling in McGrath, Brett Lee, Gillespie, Bichal, Kasper etc. they had some genuine pacers..and a team cannot win every match if its depended on spinners only because spinners can work to a limit if pacers get breakthroughs with the new ball....otherwise its always catchup
Prof don't you think he is a genuine talent and needs some attention from board
If any young from australia,southafrica or pakistan bowls quick ,there are threads saying oh look they have so much talent and when indian doessome idiots say so what let him swing the ball,variations,stats in domestic.such Double standards.
If any young from australia' date='southafrica or pakistan bowls quick ,there are threads saying oh look they have so much talent and when indian doessome idiots say so what let him swing the ball,variations,stats in domestic.such Double standards.[/quote'] You need to understand the thinking process of Indian fans now after almost 10 years of Zak's debut we have seen many talents came and gone, some were genuine quick like Munaf and VRV and some were good with skills like Irfan and Balaji and others....People even ex-cricketers have become skeptical....we become apprehensive whenever we see any new bowler bowling quick because our hopes have been brushed aside by those unfulfilled potentials we have seen in the last decade... we always remember those failures and think here is another one of them. For that to change, we need some one who can sustain the pace for which that man is selected..injuries are part and parcel, not a single bowler is spared from injuries. I am really hopeful someone very soon will change the mind set of Indian fans and the face of Indian fast bowling.
You need to understand the thinking process of Indian fans now after almost 10 years of Zak's debut we have seen many talents came and gone, some were genuine quick like Munaf and VRV and some were good with skills like Irfan and Balaji and others....People even ex-cricketers have become skeptical....we become apprehensive whenever we see any new bowler bowling quick because our hopes have been brushed aside by those unfulfilled potentials we have seen in the last decade... we always remember those failures and think here is another one of them. For that to change, we need some one who can sustain the pace for which that man is selected..injuries are part and parcel, not a single bowler is spared from injuries. I am really hopeful someone very soon will change the mind set of Indian fans and the face of Indian fast bowling.
I have seen all of them ,Its the Fans and media who hype them,Fact is in India When performance goes down first excuse his pace has dropped . Ex- Irfan pathan bowled one ball at 143 in australia rest he was 128-138km/h and he is said to quick and he performed well but as soon his performances goes down it is attributed to lack of pace,Actually Disperances in speed guns is the main problem our bowlers clock high in aus,eng nz but in india nobody is able to attain those speeds.

i do not think there is much discretion in speed guns. johnson bowled 145 in aus and bowling 145 in wc.if a bowler is pacey or slow is evident when we see it, speed guns dnt chnge it..johnson wont bowl at munaf's pace. conditons affects the pace