Is there madness in Dhoni's method?

MicroSoft Dhoni is extra-cool now days...
Which is a great trait to have in a captain. You don't want a captain who's screaming on the players at every little issue. I have played a lot of cricket at various levels and can personally vouch that a cool captain creates an environment mode conducive to better performance from players than a reactive captain.
I won't blame DHoni if we don't make it all the way. Our team is not quiet a balanced unit. Just that his defensive field sets have been haunting us for a while. It works against Australia who likes to play aggressively. But it doesn't work for other teams. So his strategy should depend on team. If he is aggressive with his field set and bowlers give it all and we lose so be it. We can accept we were defeated by better team on a given day and move on.
Infact a defensive field set for Aussies would be ideal for them as they generally like to build an innings with quick singles and 2's.They genreally lift their runrate during middle overs with agressive running.I have seen them score 6-7 runs an over without taking any risks consistenly.
Which is a great trait to have in a captain. You don't want a captain who's screaming on the players at every little issue. I have played a lot of cricket at various levels and can personally vouch that a cool captain creates an environment mode conducive to better performance from players than a reactive captain.
Yes, Agree... Also what I feel is there are always 100s of thoughts must be going on in his mind especially in crucial stages of game but he express only right one at right time, never panic and never let his team members to panic... Such captains, I believe, produce the Big Players because they use and watch their players in long term and momentary failure which upsets the cricket fans don’t actually effect them very much because of their longr vision...
Robin Uthappa gave him the almighty whopping :cantstop: Vijay thrashed Shaun Tait. On Indian pitches very fast bowlers are spared.
I am talking about the last over...they would have certainly defended those 13 runs from Peterson by bowling yorkers. Everyone can be thrashed on these pitches, but those bowlers can come back at any time, like Steyn did against India, but Munna and Nehra they are hope of hopelessness.

I will be disappointed if he promotes Yusuf Pathan or anybody else for the power play again. It doesn't work for us. We should leave it at that. If he desperately wants to change the batting order let him send Bhajji to take up the power play. Atleast his wicket is not that useful. Also Bhajji connecting fast bowlers for six is more likely than Yusuf connecting.

I will be disappointed if he promotes Yusuf Pathan or anybody else for the power play again. It doesn't work for us. We should leave it at that. If he desperately wants to change the batting order let him send Bhajji to take up the power play. Atleast his wicket is not that useful. Also Bhajji connecting fast bowlers for six is more likely than Yusuf connecting.
And then assuming Kohli gets to bat at his normal position when the team is say 250/2 in 40 overs and somehow struggles for a few balls, the question asked will be why wasn't Yusuf Pathan sent up the order, why did we have to send Kohli at his normal position?
And then assuming Kohli gets to bat at his normal position when the team is say 250/2 in 40 overs and somehow struggles for a few balls' date=' the question asked will be why wasn't Yusuf Pathan sent up the order, why did we have to send Kohli at his normal position?[/quote'] No... when yusuf walked in, not many agreed with that move on this forum. It was simple. In the first match against England even with 2 overs to go Yusuf Pathan couldn't connect ball properly. He made 8 runs in 10 balls. Then he came against holland out of position. He played a rash shot and got out. Against SA also he got out cheaply. Only time he did well was when he came at his usual position 7.
No... when yusuf walked in' date=' not many agreed with that move on this forum. It was simple. In the first match against England even with 2 overs to go Yusuf Pathan couldn't connect ball properly. He made 8 runs in 10 balls. Then he came against holland out of position. He played a rash shot and got out. Against SA also he got out cheaply. Only time he did well was when he came at his usual position 7.[/quote'] After Sehwag got out and Gambhir walked in and struggled against the spinners in early part of his innings, what was everyone saying? Yusuf should have batted higher, Gambhir has killed the momentum...
No... when yusuf walked in' date=' not many agreed with that move on this forum. It was simple. In the first match against England even with 2 overs to go Yusuf Pathan couldn't connect ball properly. He made 8 runs in 10 balls. Then he came against holland out of position. He played a rash shot and got out. Against SA also he got out cheaply. Only time he did well was when he came at his usual position 7.[/quote'] The thing I can't understand is that even though Pathan does his best at #7, he bats up the order for Rajasthan Royals and played his best IPL knock against Mumbai when he was batting at #3, I think. Even then, I don't want his position in ODIs to be messed with... leaves too much pressure on the accumulators coming after him. Hope Dhoni has learned his lesson already. If he's got his head on his shoulders, then Dhoni won't boot Pathan out on Sunday because of his own bad decision to force him out at #4.
After Sehwag got out and Gambhir walked in and struggled against the spinners in early part of his innings' date=' what was everyone saying? Yusuf should have batted higher, Gambhir has killed the momentum...[/quote'] Not me :winky: Gambhir was the right move. I was defending him right through. Anyone with decent memory ought to have known about the previous collapses. I kept pointing at that before 29 for 9 collapse.
Not me :winky: Gambhir was the right move. I was defending him right through. Anyone with decent memory ought to have known about the previous collapses. I kept pointing at that before 29 for 9 collapse.
Sending pathan was not the wrong but what happened after him was wrong.Yes he was moved to play in batting power plays that is gamble and it failed, but what happened to other batsmen including Dhoni. There are only two batsmen in this team who should have license to go for it from first ball Sehwag and Pathan.Others have to play according to situation.
No... when yusuf walked in' date=' not many agreed with that move on this forum. It was simple. In the first match against England even with 2 overs to go Yusuf Pathan couldn't connect ball properly. He made 8 runs in 10 balls. Then he came against holland out of position. He played a rash shot and got out. Against SA also he got out cheaply. Only time he did well was when he came at his usual position 7.[/quote'] So, you're saying if Pathan comes in at number 7 in the 40th over he will score runs, but if he comes in at number 4 in the 40th over he won't? Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds?
So' date=' you're saying if Pathan comes in at number 7 in the 40th over he will score runs, but if he comes in at number 4 in the 40th over he won't? Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds?[/quote'] Where did i mention 40th over. I merely mentioned about his batting order. If 5 wickets are gone he will come at no.7 by default. Chances are he will take his time before launching the assault. If he come at no.4 he doesn't even try to settle and slogs and gets out. How about sending him to open the innings so that he can score even quicker.. since theoritically we cannot prove he is better at no.7 compared to no.1.