Wholesale change of teams every 3 years is BS

yoda

Every team except MI and CSK look so different from the last 3 years and I don't like it. There needs to be some sense of continuity for the sake of team identity. Yes, teams need to have the option to dump players who are useless, but it should be done such that we see a few players change every year instead of this wholesale change every 3 years. With the current system in place, we are going to see the same tamasha repeat after another 3 years.

Exactly. This is the reason why I cam not able to emotionally suport my team RCB. Last year I supported Dravid,Uthappa, Kallis ,Steyn, Rosco and PK this year all of them are playing for different teams. This is ****ing joke. I just don't feel like supporting them , so I am supporting MI for sachin, RR for Dravid and Kochi for Laxman.

I think BCCI were forced into wholesale auction because of Modi's decision to increase the teams to 10 . I dont think we will see anymore wholesale auctions for atleast a few years
2 new teams doesn't mean all current 8 teams need to undergo wholesale changes. There are many ways to handle expansion and several examples from the pro leagues world over to get ideas. Well next wholesale auction will be in another 3 years when everyone's contract will again be up and that will result in another set of new teams. So, same BS all over again.

2 new teams doesn't mean all current 8 teams need to undergo wholesale changes. There are many ways to handle expansion and several examples from the pro leagues world over to get ideas. Well next wholesale auction will be in another 3 years when everyone's contract will again be up and that will result in another set of new teams. So, same BS all over again.
If u dont make Indian players available into the auction the 2 new teams will be unfairly disadvantaged . Also 8 of the 10 teams were in favour of the auction .Giving 3 years contract are commonsense . Franchises would want to move on players who arent performing but giving too lengthy contracts will make it impossible . But this doesnt mean there will be a new auction after 3 years . IPL franchises are intelligent business men they will want to strong fan base and will know frequent changes will adversely affect this

Another thing i dont like is that players should have some choice in where they go instead of being bought and sold like cattle
The problem is most will want to go to Chennai or Mumbai because of owners and to play under Sachin and Dhoni . This would then become like EPL or Laliga where only top 2 can win the title and will become boring

you better support all the teams for this reason MI : for Sachin KKR for Gambhir Chennai :for Dhoni ,raina ,ashwin DD: Sehwag Punjab :Kartik Sahara ;Yuvraj + Onion Uthappa RR: for Dravid DC: for Ishant . similarly other two teams as well :D

The problem is most will want to go to Chennai or Mumbai because of owners and to play under Sachin and Dhoni . This would then become like EPL or Laliga where only top 2 can win the title and will become boring
that's the reason for auction every 3rd year.

I hope they don't increase the teams from 10 to 12 again in 3 years...would be too many matches. I support Mumbai so am happy that many players have been retained. CSK have done the smart thing too. The two teams to lose out most in this auction are RCB and DD. They had awesome teams before...maybe both teams lacked a bit in the bowling department but their batting was damn strong.

I support the Delhi Team but it was little difficult for me to relate with the new Delhi Team. Lalit Modi had said that we wanted the auction again so the players are not loyal to their respective franchise and if there is no auction then it will be boring to play with the same guys all the time.

If Modi is in incharge we would be having auctions and wholesale changes every three years . But now that Bcci is incharge i dont think we will have auctions like that . Also Owners would want to build a fan base so they too would be against auction unlike this time .