Boucher the Commentator

julianlev

heard Boucher as commentator for first time in this IPL what do you guys think? he's played here so he'll know the tracks and the players and has great rapport with some of the players his chat with Smith was funny as hell "when are you going to clean my pool?"

heard Boucher as commentator for first time in this IPL what do you guys think? he's played here so he'll know the tracks and the players and has great rapport with some of the players his chat with Smith was funny as hell "when are you going to clean my pool?"
What's the story behind the 'cleaning my pool' jibe? Local SA rivalry? Fill us in on the spicier details. :P I haven't heard Boucher yet, so can't comment. But I find this whole chatting with a player during a game really ridiculous gimmick. Let the guy play in peace. I managed to see Smith from pretty close yesterday while he was walking back to the pavilion in between the innings. The guy is huge. He's as wide as a tree trunk. :omg: Gram Smith is a misnomer. He should be called Ten Tonne Smith or something.

What's the story behind the 'cleaning my pool' jibe? Local SA rivalry? Fill us in on the spicier details. :P I haven't heard Boucher yet, so can't comment. But I find this whole chatting with a player during a game really ridiculous gimmick. Let the guy play in peace. I managed to see Smith from pretty close yesterday while he was walking back to the pavilion in between the innings. The guy is huge. He's as wide as a tree trunk. :omg: Gram Smith is a misnomer. He should be called Ten Tonne Smith or something.
He's not called "Biff" for no reason as for the pool bit, I think it was just a nod to how long Graeme's been away from SA He and Boucher are old friends and it was good to see the rapport between them

Yep. Both him and Kallis are enormous creatures. Must be seen in real life to be appreciated.