Manoj Tiwary!

Andy

I am sorry to say, I found Manoj Tiwary not definitely in the class of Raina/Rohit any time in today's innings.>> Yes he improved certainly and making extremely useful contributions, but I will expect Raina/Rohit/Kohli etc. to be able to score lots of runs if they stayed as long as Tiwary did, particularly in the final overs if they were in their good form like Tiwary seems to have been in. My point of contention here is he never seemed to have got in to the top gear towards the end but occasionally had created opportunities to go big like the two sixers on the leg side.

I am sorry to say, I found Manoj Tiwary not definitely in the class of Raina/Rohit any time in today's innings.>> Yes he improved certainly and making extremely useful contributions, but I will expect Raina/Rohit/Kohli etc. to be able to score lots of runs if they stayed as long as Tiwary did, particularly in the final overs if they were in their good form like Tiwary seems to have been in. My point of contention here is he never seemed to have got in to the top gear towards the end but occasionally had created opportunities to go big like the two sixers on the leg side.
On the same Pitch, players like Warner, Pathan, Morgan Failed. So I dont think it was that easy to bat on. Still 60 odd at a strike Rate of 130 when Wickets were falling around you cant be as Ordinary as you described.

Shame on Yusuf.. There are currently THREE batsmen in the KKR line-up who have been more successful than him, including Tiwary. This was supposed to be Yusuf's moment and so far, he has let it slip through.
Yusuf has played last three games with knee injury...he is not even able to run his runs well...dnt why they are keep playing him...he is stumbling while running..

On the same Pitch' date=' players like Warner, Pathan, Morgan Failed. So I dont think it was that easy to bat on. Still 60 odd at a strike Rate of 130 when Wickets were falling around you cant be as Ordinary as you described.[/quote'] Well I m not saying he played an ordinary innings. Warner seemed to have struggled a bit against the new ball. Pathan is not completely well and Morgan got out for a good bouncer in the first ball itself(whether he would have struggled is debatable). Some of the posters in the thread contend as if he is gonna give a fight for a team INDIA spot with this kinda innings!!! At the end of over 15, he is 44(31) and at the end of over 20, he is 61(47). That means he scored 17(16) in the last five overs.... Not good enough IMO to give fight for a spot (Yet) in Indian lineup with the likes of Rayudu/Rohit claiming the same!!!! I would hope he will prove me wrong though in the future matches!!!!!

Well I m not saying he played an ordinary innings. Warner seemed to have struggled a bit against the new ball. Pathan is not completely well and Morgan got out for a good bouncer in the first ball itself(whether he would have struggled is debatable). Some of the posters in the thread contend as if he is gonna give a fight for a team INDIA spot with this kinda innings!!! At the end of over 15, he is 44(31) and at the end of over 20, he is 61(47). That means he scored 17(16) in the last five overs.... Not good enough IMO to give fight for a spot (Yet) in Indian lineup with the likes of Rayudu/Rohit claiming the same!!!! I would hope he will prove me wrong though in the future matches!!!!!
Good set of Excuses to turn a Blind eye on the Efforts of an Youngster. I am not sure Rohit would have done any Better given the situation, when he had lower order batsmen to play with. Most of his runs have came when he was batting with Genuine batsman. Talking about Rayadu, In terms of Technique, Style, Shot selection, Flair and Effortless strokemaking Manoj > Rayadu

And One more thing, Manoj is not just good Hitting 6s against Spinners, He is equally good when it comes to Fast bowlers. Yesterday his hit against Morkel was a prime example of ehat he can do even against One of the best. I havent seen many hitting Morkel for 6 That way. So credit should be given where it is due.

All these guys are making merry on these Indian pitches, we all saw how well Rohits and Murali Vijays looked when facing bowlers on pitches with some bounce and pace. Dhoni was right dont put too much stock on IPL performances.
How true. Lets not judge players on IPL performances.

Aaah yes' date=' I remember now. Did he not play any FC matches - I remember reading his name only in the one days. Or maybe he did not score in the FC matches.[/quote'] No he played all the matches on that tour and didnt had good numbers and wasnt a success on that tour . http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=13;id=5622;type=tour Along with that he also didnt impress coach Pravin Amre.I remember reading an article about that A tour where Amre was all praise for Pujara and was critical of Tiwari's attitude and lack of technique on that tour.

No he played all the matches on that tour and didnt had good numbers and wasnt a success on that tour . http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=13;id=5622;type=tour Along with that he also didnt impress coach Pravin Amre.I remember reading an article about that A tour where Amre was all praise for Pujara and was critical of Tiwari's attitude and lack of technique on that tour.
Yeah, thanks for that reminder about Amre's comments - now I remember he failed in pretty much all the matches.

No he played all the matches on that tour and didnt had good numbers and wasnt a success on that tour . http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=13;id=5622;type=tour Along with that he also didnt impress coach Pravin Amre.I remember reading an article about that A tour where Amre was all praise for Pujara and was critical of Tiwari's attitude and lack of technique on that tour.
Thanks for those stats, I remember pretty well he didnt do too well in that Tour. Not much sure about his technique. A tour performances matters the most, Not IPL. But this thread is solely on how good he is in IPL or even in 20-20. And I think he is good enough now.

After the 2007 WC, he was the first in line ahead of the likes of Raina, Rohit, Vijay, Kohli, but an injury set him back by 2-3 years. Has started doing well in domestic cricket for the last 2 years. Has got every shot in the book and at times gifts his wicket away trying to play impossible shots. Have seen him throw away many impressive 30s and 40s in domestic cricket. If he can correct some of those issues, no reason why he cannot be in the contention for a team India slot again.