You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

anybody remembers byomkesh bakshi? awesome as well.. z88meJu5qS8
For some reason, first thing that comes to my mind - by mention of Byomkesh Bakshi - is the episode where the perpetrator kills the victims with poisoned-needle launched by bicycle-bell.

when you think Baba sehgal's music is ground-breaking. When you cherish your collection of best of Magnasound Indi-Pop You think it is cool to have a mullet especially the Sanju baba hair style...short in the front and long in the back. you still think India will lose the match when SRT gets out You still think Pak is a dangerous team with dangerous fast bowlers you want to watch Srilankan openers bat for entertainment You still don't accept the fact that WI is a minnow you think England is a boring ODI side(wait nothing has really changed)

when you think Baba sehgal's music is ground-breaking. When you cherish your collection of best of Magnasound Indi-Pop You think it is cool to have a mullet especially the Sanju baba hair style...short in the front and long in the back. you still think India will lose the match when SRT gets out You still think Pak is a dangerous team with dangerous fast bowlers you want to watch Srilankan openers bat for entertainment You still don't accept the fact that WI is a minnow you think England is a boring ODI side(wait nothing has really changed)
:two_thumbs_up:

For some reason' date=' first thing that comes to my mind - by mention of Byomkesh Bakshi - is the episode where the perpetrator kills the victims with poisoned-needle launched by bicycle-bell.[/quote'] It's amazing, but even I get reminded of the same episode. I also remember how they used a dinner plate as a shield against the weapon in the end.

Mid to late eighties- Renting those VCR's to watch movies-since you wanted to get the optimum value out of your rental' date='you watched back to back movies resulting in the VCR getting hot and being placed under a fan to cool it down:haha:[/quote'] :haha::haha::haha: thanks for reminding...I remember renting sh1tty korean made VCPs (they were cheaper to rent)that would never work until you give it a lil nudge or bump...I would rent hours of bugs bunny & tom n jerry :woot: Remember was so excited when my dad sent an imported Philips VCR from America, mom bought our 1st color tv(no remote) next day -- Videocon for Rs. 20,000 (early 90s price) :--D

Two other Byomkesh Bakshi serials I remember vividly are "Ret ka daldal" where the munim used to kill whoever threatened him by luring them into quicksand by making tiger noises. The scene where they showed the man sinking gave me the creeps another one was Lal neelam where the man hid the jewel in a puch inside his throat. Unfortunately, I havent been able too find these two and the shahi ka kaanta ones on torrents though I have found some other ones