Zaheer set to miss first half of WI tour

IPL is an evil but it is uncovering new talent much easier than these Babus who required players to have godfathers. Now if i own a team i want the best possible 11 my money can buy and as a result players are being uncovered. A necessary evil that in the end will benefit the national team.

There goes my WI tour -- for ODIs at least.
You should consider going to Barbados for the 2nd test, especially if you haven't been there before. Barbados is awesome, and the kensington oval is a great place to watch cricket. I'll be going to Trinidad to watch the T20 and 1st ODI....
You should consider going to Barbados for the 2nd test, especially if you haven't been there before. Barbados is awesome, and the kensington oval is a great place to watch cricket. I'll be going to Trinidad to watch the T20 and 1st ODI....
That is exactly what I was planning, but with half the WC team now -- not sure of playing -- I am not too sure either.
If this is true' date=' it clearly indicates that even the senior players value playing in the IPL more than they do playing tests matches in the Caribbean.[/quote'] Who has told you that they will be missing test series in the caribbean ?:confused:
How airheaded the BCCI are for the crazy schedule. The ODIs vs England in Nov are totally unecessary. ODIs in WI this summer are too, and we could have had a 4 day warm up match vs a WI Board XI instead. Then a longer break prior to Eng tour...sadly they have only $$$ and not players interests at heart. The IPL is not going anywhere we can accept that so lets compensate elsewhere by getting rid of meaningless ODIs and Intl t20s...
Pointless IPL half the year and pointless limited overs internationals for the other half is the BCCI's ultimate aim, no doubt. Its such a shame for the players who have sweated it out to take India to the no.1 position in Tests but there you go. But as you say, the billions are rolling in with people dying to see the latest flat track slogger smash the latest trundler in between a million carbon cola time out strategic breaks so who gives a **** about proper cricket.
Fantastic!!! Newly crowned World Champions and the players are interested in playing the $ but want rest for an international tour.
Sachin wants rest too! Btw I was very disappointed by our Indian players after the world cup victory. These players make so much money and showering them with TAX money is just shameful. Not even the legend Sachin said "Thanks. But please donate this money to charity."
Sachin wants rest too! Btw I was very disappointed by our Indian players after the world cup victory. These players make so much money and showering them with TAX money is just shameful. Not even the legend Sachin said "Thanks. But please donate this money to charity."
So rest in the IPL - whats the need for playing this pointless tamasha. Most of the senior players have played a lot of cricket in the past few months and have a lot of important series' coming up so there was no point in playing the $IPL$. But what they're doing is playing this useless tournament and skipping an international tour :mad:

There is no way that the BCCI would allow Dhoni, SRT, Sehwag etc to rest during the IPL. They are the ones people turn up to watch. They wouldn't mind if they played the circus league and then missed an ODI series. I won't be surprised if they actually told players the same thing. Personally, I had 5 big series that I wanted the team to focus on. 2 tests vs Aus at home, SA tests, WC, Eng tests and Aus tests. The WI tour tests would be after this. I don't mind the 4 players missing the WI ODIs.

And you think our player when doing charity will call our reporters. Charity should be done quietly and I am sure thats what they do. Yuvraj Singh and Bhajji offered 1 Lakh each to that sportswoman who lost her leg. Sachin has always been involved with charity. I am sure others do the same.

IMO...it is good that the seniors are looking for rest for the T20 & ODI series of WI. Thats almost 2 weeks....& also its better to introduce younger or inexperienced players at that level. But those players should be back for the Test series. The seniors needs to concentrate on Test...& let the younger ones get on with ODI/T20...not just in WI..but perhaps in Eng also. Looking forward to Rayudu, Uttappa, Valtaty, Rao, M Tiwary, Jadeja among others making claim to India trip to WI. Pandey if he performs should also be given chance.

IPL will unearth good talent in lomg run. Take case of Raydu . Yadav and his politics had almost made people forget his talent. Now he has a fair chance to prove himself and he is using it well. IMO Raydu is as as good as Yuvraj . Then there are others too who can make a mark using IPL as launching pad. Watson would have been an unkown entity if not for IPL. Nothnig wrong in seniors resting after a hectic victorious Wcup performances. Also if via IPL theny make some $$$$ they deserve it. Rest seniors for WI to keep them fresh for Eng and Aus tours. Try out Uttapa , Raydu, Rahane , Pujara , Valhaty and the two Tiwaris and other performers in WI. Also can try new bowlers. In all probablity even the second string team will win in WI. Dont forget Dhoni , Gambhir and Pathan are products of India A tours. Treat WI tour as India A tour and dont worry about result.