Bollywood trivia/gossip/talk

Sir john

amitabh-rekha-oct-8.jpg Rendevouz Incognito!
They haven't shared the best relationship for decades now. So it was surprising to spot Rekha traveling in the same flight as Amitabh Bachchan. The pilot of the flight posed for a picture with Amitabh Bachchan and one can see Rekha sitting right behind the actor turning her face away from the camera. Needless to say, ever since the picture was shared on the social network, it has gone viral. For those who came in late, Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha were rumoured to be having an affair in the late 70s-80s but the much married Bachchan and the actress later parted ways. Ever since then, the two have avoided each other like plague and do not acknowledge each other at film events. The important question is, which flight did the two actors board together? And who allotted them seats so close to each other? (picture via Twitter) Read more at: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/snapshot-rekha-and-amitabh-bachchan-photographed-on-the-same-flight/427098-66.html?utm_source=ref_article

I wanted to marry Ram Gopal Varma: Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction and Suchitra Krishnamoorthi's 'fictional memoir' proves the old adage right. The former singer-actress turned candlemaker draws from the many episodes of her life in her latest book 'Drama Queen', including a rejected proposal of marriage to Ram Gopal Varma. Suchitra and RGV collaborated on a couple of films, including 'My Wife's Murder' and 'Rann' in the mid 2000s and in the book Suchitra confesses to sending a text message to Ramu which reads 'Ramu will you marry me'. After waiting for a long time, Suchitra did get a message asking for a meeting. When she reached the filmmaker's office and the two finally confronted the subject of marriage, Ramu's candid reply left Suchitra flabbergasted. She recounts RGV's reply thus in the book, "Suchitra I think you have misunderstood me. Completely. We are not similar at all. Never. I don't believe in the institution of marriage. I am just not the marrying kind. I use women only for sex and I am very sure that's not what you want. I like women's bodies but not their brains. In my opinion, a woman should be seen and not heard." As Ramu and Suchitra never made their relationship public, the confession is sure to take many by surprise. When TOI contacted Suchitra to ask her if the incident is borrowed from real life, she admitted that Ramu did reject her marriage proposal. "Yes, there was a point when I wanted to marry him and I sent him this text message. And I have recounted Ramu's reply too," said Suchitra. Won't RGV be miffed with her decision to make their private conversation public? "Of course I have asked for his permission. How can I put this out without his permission?" said Suchitra. PS: Though invited, Ramu was nowhere to be seen at the book launch yesterday.

Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne call it quits

Actor Hrithik Roshan and his wife of 13 years, Sussanne, are ending their marriage, a statement from the actor confirms. “Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship. This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time,” says Hrithik, who has two sons with Sussanne – Hrehaan, 7 and Hridhaan, 5. This comes after four months of speculation about the split. To start with, the two were believed to have been living separately for three-four months. Also, they haven’t made any public appearance – like they used to – for some time now. Interestingly, she was also missing from all the public events related to Hrithik’s recent hit, Krrish:3. Also, in September, at Roshan Sr’s birthday party, Sussanne made a blink-and-miss appearance. Apparently, she arrived late with her brother Zayed and parents, Sanjay and Zarine Khan. More recently, Sussanne confirmed Hrithik’s presence at the opening of her new store (on December 11) but of course that didn’t happen since he is in the US. Although things have taken an unpleasant turn, Hrithik insists that he still believes in marriage. “I do not wish this news to disempower my fans and the people about the institution of marriage in any way. I am a firm believer in this institution and respect and honour it at the highest level,” says the actor. However, he seems positive about the future. “I thank my fans for all the concern and prayers for my health. My treatment is going fine. I should be able to resume my life in every way very soon,” he says.

If your wife forgives your straying (the normal kind of wife' date='not the sati savitri cow types)......then you just have to sit and wait for her drop the bomb on you.[/quote'] What if the wife has found somebody better to spend her whole life with...? then also you just have to sit and wait for her drop the bomb on you.

After 24, more American TV shows headed to India?

The Indian versions of international shows — especially reality formats such as Big Brother and Dancing With The Stars — have had successful runs. And after Anil Kapoor brought American TV show, 24, to the small screen, it looks like more production houses have been encouraged to take the same route. One such show is the American crime-thriller, The Killing, which, in turn, is based on the Danish thriller series, Forbrydelsen, the rights to which have been bought by a leading production house to be aired on a popular channel. The buzz is that the show will be written by Sridhar Raghavan and directed by his brother, director Sriram Raghavan. Ask Sriram about this and he says, “I’ve heard that The Killing is being adapted and Sridhar is involved in the scripting. But I am not directing it.” Deepak Dhar, head of the production house says, “I can’t comment on it right now.” A source reveals that Siddharth Malhotra, director of We Are Family (2010), who has earlier directed Shhh... Koi Hai and Krishna-Arjun on television, has his eyes firmly set on the ABC vengeance drama, Revenge. Although the Indian show won’t be an official adaptation, it will be loosely based on the original series. Other international shows that are likely to hit Indian TV screens are the Kerry Washington-starrer Scandal and Emmy and Golden Globe-winner Homeland. However, the network in question is keeping mum on the status of the shows and has neither confirmed nor denied the reports. Rumours are rife that Homeland is being adapted by Anil too. In an earlier interview with HT Café, the actor had said, “I am planning to get another such format (after 24) to India. Sometimes I feel that if I work only on the content created by my friends like Howard Gordon (developer of 24 and Homeland) and Bryan Burk (Lost), I wouldn’t have time to do anything else.”
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=267235&page=34 :yay: :yay:

Bit of a random post' date=' but was just watching one of the Hindi channels and they had a song from Dabangg playing and Salman Khan's fitness never ceases to amaze me given how he drinks like a tanker and smokes like a chimney.[/quote'] Indeed. He drinks and smokes very less. There is not much age difference between Sallu, SRK, AK and Akki. SRK looks the worst these days because of his chain smoking habits. Akki and Sallu have maintained great fitness levels for their age.

Aam Admi returns: Anil Kapoor plans Nayak 2 Back in 2001, the Anil Kapoor-starrer Nayak struck a chord with the audience. It was the story of a common man (Kapoor plays Mumbai-based journalist Shivaji Rao Gaekwad in the film) who miraculously becomes the chief minister (CM) of Maharashtra for a day. Aam Aadmi Party leader, and now Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal’s journey to power is just as dramatic, even though more plausible than the film’s storyline. Not surprisingly, during Kejriwal’s oath ceremony at Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan on Saturday (December 28), a number of his supporters were brandishing posters of Nayak, in which they had replaced Kapoor’s photo with that of Kejriwal. Ask Kapoor to comment and he says, "Films aren’t called a reflection of society for nothing. Sometimes, writers catch the pulse and mood of the audience in advance. They know what people are feeling — pain, anguish — at any given point." The actor adds that the first season of the US TV show, 24 (that aired in 2001) showed a black president and, a few years later, Barack Obama came to power. On the heels now of common man Kejriwal coming to power, Kapoor too is set to revive Nayak. He says he will co-produce and act in Nayak Returns. "It won’t be a sequel. Work on the script has been on for the past year or so. I can’t reveal more right now, but politics will surely find a place in the script and the protagonist will be a crusader," Kapoor adds. Will he will take inspiration from Kejriwal? "It’s a completely different storyline. However, it will have traces of real life. It’ll go on the floors in the beginning of 2015." Talking about Kejriwal’s rise to power, Kapoor says, "Mr Kejriwal has surely reached a certain stage and he should get credit for whatever he has achieved. He must be doing something right. You take baby steps, and others follow. He can inspire other people too." http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/aam-admi-returns-anil-kapoor-plans-nayak-2/article1-1167916.aspx

Coming soon: Jai and Veeru in Sholay 2 Looks like the 1975 classic, Sholay, might just get a sequel soon. We’ve been informed that the makers of Sholay 3D —Shehzad Sippy, Sasha Sippy and Shaan Uttam Singh — and distributor Jayantilal Gada, have been getting scripts and are seriously considering a part two. A source close to the production house reveals, “The recall value of the film is so strong that it can easily convert into a franchise where Jai and Veeru can explore new issues and solve problems.” The makers have received two scripts so far; one for a prequel to the original and the other, a sequel. “The prequel would go into the making of Jai and Veeru while the sequel would be about their escapades,” adds the source. However, the makers are yet to read both scripts and decide on what they find more interesting.” Once they give a heads up, we’re told that they will get into the casting process. The new cast will include many young actors. When contacted, Gada confirms the news saying, “We have received the scripts and we believe there is a lot of equity in Sholay. We will consider converting it into a franchise soon.” When we asked Ramesh Sippy, the director of the original film, about this — he said he did not wish to comment on the subject. When we prodded further, he only said, “I’m the last person you should be asking.” However, ask writer Salim Khan, who co-wrote the original script with Javed Akhtar, says he would be okay with a sequel. “It’s fine as long as the story is good. The fact that people are showing interest in making a sequel shows that even after 38 years, the film is fresh in the minds of the audience.” He further adds that if anyone plans to remake the film, they mustn’t forget the writers. He says, “If that happens, the writers must be given the due credit including royalty. In Hollywood, a script is called property. And it is the right of the writers to get what they deserve.” http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/coming-soon-jai-and-veeru-in-sholay-2/article1-1168250.aspx

^Hope it is not like RGV ki Aag :fear:
Nothing can be like RGV ki Aag. That movie is a wonder. How can anyone achieve that level of *****iness with that kind of cast and the lot of an all-time-great movie is beyond human comprehension. RGV must be an alien with super powers.

Filmfare awards live updates: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/59th-idea-filmfare-awards-2013/entliveblog/29291098.cms The award for Best Costume Design goes to Dolly Ahluwalia for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ The award for Best VFX goes to Tata Elxsi for Dhoom:3. Ranveer Singh took the award on behalf of the company 10:29 PMThe award for Best Action goes to Thomas Struthers and Guru Bachchan for ‘D Day’ 10:29 PMThe award for Best Background Score goes to Hitesh Sonik for ‘Kai Po Che’ 10:24 PMThe award for Best Cinematography goes to Kamaljit Negi for ‘Madras Cafe’. Sujoy Ghosh and Kabir Khan give him the trophy. 10:21 PMThe award for Best Editing goes to Aarif Sheikh for D-Day