Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Bhajji is not going anywhere. From Dhoni's interview: "I was really impressed with the pace at which Harbhajan bowled. As the series progresses, it will be really interesting to see him bowl at some of the venues which are known to assist spin." :((
WTH!!!!! Is Dhoni popping pills?
^Fontaine' date=' did you miss England's 2nd innings?[/quote'] No, I saw most of it. Bhajji did improve his bowling by varying his speed and being accurate. THAT'S what any good spinner has to do when the pitch isn't turning a great deal. He was mostly harmless in the first innings and even rubbish at times when his only variation was to drop it short which would get hammered. Overall he simply wasn't effective, wasn't accurate at all in the first innings and adjusted too late when he finally started bowling better in the 2nd innings by varying his pace and still being accurate. He was worse with the bat. All in all a pretty crappy performance.
Bhajji is not going anywhere. From Dhoni's interview: "I was really impressed with the pace at which Harbhajan bowled. As the series progresses, it will be really interesting to see him bowl at some of the venues which are known to assist spin." :((
WOW incredible comments if true, I think Dhoni WUVS Harbi. :firstmove::love:
Guest Gunner
I saw Bhaji on Saturday after the days play' date=' the guy was absolutely exhausted. I don't know what from, he batted 2 balls and sat in the changing room for the rest of the day[/quote'] Emotional leadership.
I saw Bhaji on Saturday after the days play' date=' the guy was absolutely exhausted. I don't know what from, he batted 2 balls and sat in the changing room for the rest of the day[/quote'] That's why he needs a break. He has been playing too many matches these days. Someone said that he should retire. I don't think so. He still remains our best spinner. It would be a waste if he is thrown forever. This will never help. Then it won't be good either if he continues to play and keep on getting destroyed. India needs to do well at home and for that we would need Bhajji in future. He can easily play for 4 years. So, it's the time when team management sets long term goals with him rather than keep continuing with him for short term. After Kumble, we have been one-spinner team. Earlier when both Kumble and Harbhajan were playing, there was a competition for the place in team and it affected their performance in positive way. What we are doing now is that doors for new spinners are almost closed and Bhajji is on the verge of getting out. It's important that we keep on nurturing different spinners by giving chance. Otherwise a time will come that selectors will be forced to remove Bhajji with no replacement for him.
cant believe some of the guys' date='after taking 400 wickets n playing 80 tests,Bhajji still needs pitch assistance to bowl half decent[/quote'] Yet Praveen Kumar and Ishant playing in their first test in England are expected to cope with the notoriously difficult slope at Lords against a side full of good batsmen in form. Kumar/Ishant bowled superbly. They weren't magical spells but the point is those guys played to the best of their ability. That's all you can ask. Bhajji did not. Time for him to take a long break and go back to learning how to bowl in a test match. We've got plenty of spinners who can kick ***** on a turning pitch. What we need is a spinner who can contribute on a flat track and it's time Mishra or Ojha get an extended run. Bye Bye Bhajji.