What do you think about Shivaji(Rajni starrer)?

Lurker

Is it going to be one of the all-time blockbusters? Anyone seen yet? Any first-hand reviews? Also how do you folks find Rajni? Personally I have always liked his style and it is a shame that he(or likes of Kamal Hassan, Mohanlal) never got their dues in Hindi cinema. I have seen Rajni's movie Baasha a couple of times and even though I understood not a single lines I did really enjoy the movie. xxx
Not seen it and don't intend to. Rajnikant projects that image of a cool stylish action man, an image more suited to an 80's hero :shades_smile:. From the trailers it looks as if the film is about 20 years behind the theme of today's films which amongst other things means that he's trying to act as if he's 20 years younger. Die hard fans will still flock to the cinemas to witness that unique method of flicking the cigy in his mouth!

i dont understand this.. yes he has his style.. but many of his movies are like super hero type.. one punch and the bad guy flies 20 feet away.. one movie is ok.. but movies after movies... how can you digest it.. ??

You took it in a wrong way Lurker. I was not saying by the perspective of fans. I know such fans exist in every cinema who just care about their hero/heroins. I was saying from the point of view of hero who decides before acting in the movie. Anyways no more on this topic from my side.

i dont understand this.. yes he has his style.. but many of his movies are like super hero type.. one punch and the bad guy flies 20 feet away.. one movie is ok.. but movies after movies... how can you digest it.. ??
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::haha::haha::haha:

lol this guy rajnikant and that mithun chakarwarthy comes first when a joke is made on any bolly or Indian actor.. their stuntz lol.. btw i did see on start news that this movie shivaji is releasing and someone was caughting selling its ticket for 3500 in black, and ppl were buying too.. itna pagalpan just for one movie..

>>>>if everyone knows he is a good actor then whats wrong with taking a heroin of comparative age. I have heard Rajni chooses his own heroines. Dont know how much of that is true. And somehow it happens only in his movies. I have never seen such an age difference anywhere in India (except in Telugu cinema I think) Apo...have you heard of nishabd and cheeni kum..... :wink_smile: Aur bhi movies hain..par mein kuch nahi boloongi nahi to gambit and his lyncing party will get after my life.
LOL, tum bhi na kabhi kabhi hadh karti ho. Nishabd was loosely based on Lolita and required an aged actor to play the role of an old man who lusts after a teenage, which AB did with aplomb. Same with Cheeni Kum. BTW Tabu was 36-37 in the movie, not 17. Atleast AB didn't try and pass off as a school kid like a certain someone did at the age of 35 in KKHH! :wink:

What I like about Rajni is that he doesn't take his on screen persona to his personal life.Off screen he doesn't hide behind wigs and tons of makeup. It is sometimes sad to see yesteryears top stars becoming a victim of their screen images and hide from camera or appear in heavy garish makeup and bad out of style ,uncomfortable hairstyles(wigs)

Jesus Christ!!!!! I thought this thread was about some upcoming movie on Chatrapati Shivaji :confused_smile: Boy was I WRONG!!!! Some of you take these crappy movies too seriously :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Rajni who? :hysterical:

What is KKHH gambo?some shahrukh flick I am guessing.... :hmmmm:Man you watch too many sharukh flicks??
Ab itna bhi mat bano. It's Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I like watching Rani/Kajol, which invariably means suffering ShahRukkkkkkkh Khan. :laugh: