Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

The pitch looks like a minefield. I think anything over 250 is impossible unless someone plays an absolute blinder. Its a wicket where some batsmen like Yuvraj or Raina have to go hell for leather and score some quick runs. I dont see the old fashioned way of playing yourself in and accumulating runs working here. Sooner rather than later you are going to get a jaffer and get out.
Agree...! 225 is a very decent score.
Who knows what happend. Check the scoreline and it says England have been bowled out miserably for 220 odd and India is looking good for big hefty total on day 2. GREAT COMEBACK. JUT AS WE ALL EXPECTED THEM TO REPLY BACK. OUR CHAMPIONS HAVE DONE. PROUD TO BE INDIA. WHAT A TEAM OF WORLD CHAMPIONS. WE ARE THERE.. WE ARE ALMOST THERE TO CONQUER THE LAND OF SHERLOCK HOLMES.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: All you did was win a good toss Had you knocked us out for 150 on that wicket you would be in great shape 221 was just under par for us having been put in

This is best chance to come back. Batsmen should raise themselves and everyone should try to contribute something. This is kind of track where even 20 runs by a batsman will be valuable, no matter how you get it. Slogging, inside edges, good shots or whatever just contribute to the score. Match is going to be over in 3-4 days. I won't mind if few batsman just slash hard and get some quick 30-40 runs here. Expecting players to stay for 200 balls and score centuries might just be too much. Though Indian batsmen can bat for long even on this pitch.

If both Laxman and Dravid play out first 2 session, we are going to eventually declare around about on day 3 3rd session with score somewhere near 550-7. If one of the two falls before lunch tomorrow, we are going to score aobut 480
I think you must have been watching a match on a different pitch in an alternative universe to mine:haha:
Guest Gunner
The pitch looks like a minefield. I think anything over 250 is impossible unless someone plays an absolute blinder. Its a wicket where some batsmen like Yuvraj or Raina have to go hell for leather and score some quick runs. I dont see the old fashioned way of playing yourself in and accumulating runs working here. Sooner rather than later you are going to get a jaffer and get out.
The pitch is not a minefield yet, that said India needs to try and bat only once on this pitch. Tomorrow the sun will be out and without the overcast conditions the swing is going to disappear.
If both Laxman and Dravid play out first 2 session, we are going to eventually declare around about on day 3 3rd session with score somewhere near 550-7. If one of the two falls before lunch tomorrow, we are going to score aobut 480
asking for too much tics bhai! Let's jus hope they last at least one session
The pitch is not a minefield yet' date= that said India needs to try and bat only once on this pitch. Tomorrow the sun will be out and without the overcast conditions the swing is going to disappear.
I think priority of batsmen should be just play first session tomorrow irrespective of run rate.
If both Laxman and Dravid play out first 2 session' date=' we are going to eventually declare around about on day 3 3rd session with score somewhere near 550-7. If one of the two falls before lunch tomorrow, we are going to score aobut 480
What are you smoking now Ticz? :winky: This is no subcontinental pancake pitch LOL, with sun beating on the pitch. 122-8 to 221. That may be ouch!