Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Mukund: 1/10 - Stubborn young lad who doesn't seem to have patience. Trying to hit every ball for runs, he should known how to defend. Dravid: 7/10 - Tried his best to give India a good enough lead to bag this match in 1st innings but was fighting alone as is the case most of the time in away tours. Disappointed with his failure in 2nd innings. It wasn't a bad pitch as the top order seemed it to be. Laxman: 6/10 - for contribution in 1st innings Yuvraj/Raina/Dhoni: 3/10 - contributed nothing which could've helped India Harbhajan - 0/10 Sree/Ishant- 2/10 - way too inconsistent, not fit enough to play test cricket. Clearly showed they were tired in 2nd innings which was pathetic to see. Praveen Kumar: 8/10 - This lad bowled his heart out, I hope he has a long test career. He never gives up and is always there when MS needs him.

The problem with this thread is that we are the ones posting it. Our jobs as fans should be to give valid praise and valid criticism. There is very little room for praise. MS Dhoni should have said this - "They will reply with pride" to Nasser Hussain after the match. It's not our job to say it. The day the players start saying it AND feeling it, we will be winning again.

They sure have. Cant blame the Indian line up for this. After being involved in run fest orgies with SL in flat tracks to make thier way to number one' date=' tracks like this will pose a huge problemB->[/quote'] WHat do you say about our performance in SA series? Surely, they weren't flat tracks.

The Indian team doesn't like me to be in the stadium :( My 100% record was predictably kept in tact today. Went through the whole ordeal of the day live. Somehow the day felt a lot faster paced than even the most 'exciting' T20s. Anyway, I was hoping that we could take it to the 5th day if nothing to validate my free ticket. If it was any consolation, I got the faint hope/expectation/buzz of having watched Sachin's 100th 100 until he got out. It was a fine knock nevertheless with some amazing drives. I was sat at the fox road stand fairly close to the banana costume people (not the place for peace and quiet or for that matter, sobriety). Most of the day consisted of randomly cheering the substitute fielder and Morgan for every bit of fielding that they did. Some good banter, sunshine, quite a polite crowd (adjusted for intoxication) and what a white man might refer to as a 'nice day out' but all said and done, I got the sinking feeling that we were being comprehensively outclassed by this team. The depressing bit is that the major contributions came from the British representatives in the team; can't nag them on that either. :/ /end jumbled up thoughts.