Mitchel Johnson

kabira

If I were Australia, I would put Mitchell Johnson on a stretcher, airlift him to a top secret military base somewhere in the Pacific Ocean and subject him to sort of cryogenic freezing that would preserve his body until the next Ashes. I am struggling to remember when was the last time a single bowler had single-handedly demolished an accomplished batting order like this before.

If I were Australia, I would put Mitchell Johnson on a stretcher, airlift him to a top secret military base somewhere in the Pacific Ocean and subject him to sort of cryogenic freezing that would preserve his body until the next Ashes. I am struggling to remember when was the last time a single bowler had single-handedly demolished an accomplished batting order like this before.
On not too conducive wickets. Yes they are quick, but not quicker than Johnny :fear:
Ambrose in Australia in the early-mid 90s spring to mind. That Aussie lineup was a pretty strong batting lineup and probably the strongest batting linup allround: Taylor & Slater were excellent openers, Boone and Langer exchanged #3 positions, who were both awesome at it and the two Waugh brothers. IIRC, Ambrose did it twice in Australia, once in the early 90s and once in the late 90s, when he took like 30 wickets in the series and the next best was like 12 or 13 by Walsh.
Nice way to take revenge on Johnson :hysterical:
We won at home, as did they. So its 1-1 in 'wars'. I take my hat off to Johnson, but to see Indians celebrate his efforts like they were done by an Indian bowler is hilarious. In your entire cricketing history, you've had nothing but bowlers who amounted to tonk fodder and so you parade around an Aussie. :finger: Tell me, who will be your Johnson? Will is be Kumar with his 78 mph deliveries? :hysterical:
We won at home, as did they. So its 1-1 in 'wars'. I take my hat off to Johnson, but to see Indians celebrate his efforts like they were done by an Indian bowler is hilarious. In your entire cricketing history, you've had nothing but bowlers who amounted to tonk fodder and so you parade around an Aussie. :finger: Tell me, who will be your Johnson? Will is be Kumar with his 78 mph deliveries? :hysterical:
aww guys go easy on him..otherwise he will leave this forum too like english players left ashes :((
Because they got their revenge against the Aussies but didn't against us. So they cheer for the Aussies. The bitterness will get even more after we dish out another beating.
This thread is about Johnson. So if you bring in India into this.. it is our job to set the thread back on course. :cantstop:
Because they got their revenge against the Aussies but didn't against us. So they cheer for the Aussies. The bitterness will get even more after we dish out another beating.
I am sure - certain - that we will beat India this summer. 4-0 or not, and I think its a good possibility, India cannot win the series. They dont have the bowling strength.

Another example of why Indian fans are the most ignorant cricket fans in the world only from such a nation could emerge the joke that is called IPL, and than be paraded as the pinnacle of world cricket, and subsequently absorbed by the ignorant Cricket fans.

A good few years before I can retire yet. :yay: :icflove:
lol i was just joking anyway i still think english team is little better (it was lot better before but you lost ur best bowler ,number 3 a keeper and third seamer is out of form ) also we are on the up and we might be able to get better before we tour england so i think it iwll be better series for us than south arican one cos we will be more experienced and you are def not as good as saffers and about johnson people think only he did damage but australian bowlers have had plans for every batsman even if johnson failed and johnson would be half the bowler he is in any other attack where bowling is not so tight and good..

In defence of india (and a criticism of them at the same time), it was good that they were exposed and players like raina and yuvraj were axed. Now the old batsmen who served the country well have said goodbye and the new gen has done decently well and will only improve. Still.. atleast when facing the short balls and losing, we: (1) did not fake depression and act like p*ssies and go home (2) did not end up in crutches like barbie doll broad (3) did not fear the fast bowlers (except raina maybe, india were just ineffective, though at least kolhi scored a ton in adelaide. Who has made a ton for england? stokes.. aka the next botham lmao)